Thanksgiving Eve thanks
I'm thankful that I know we have a living prophet to lead and guide us as ancient biblical prophets did. I'm grateful for revelation - that which he receives for the world and that personal revelation which I receive for me and my family.
I'm thankful for his message of hope and I thought of it again as I read in Ether (in The Book of Mormon) today:
Wherefore, whoso believeth in God might with surety hope for a better world, yea, even a place at the right hand of God, which hope cometh of faith, maketh an anchor to the souls of men, which would make them sure and steadfast, always abounding in good works, being led to glorify God.
(Ether 12:4)
I'm also grateful for the scriptures and other good books.
Today the girls and I watched Little Women because we finished reading the book together last week. The book was so uplifting and bonding to read with my own 4 "little women" that are about the age of the March girls at the beginning of the story. (As a note, we liked the 2018 PBS version over the 2019 version. We'll watch the 1994 version another time and vote.) We had been reading at bedtime any night we had time since sometime earlier this fall.
I'm thankful for time with my kids. I'm grateful that they also love good books, reading the scriptures, and following the prophet.

Comments
Post a Comment