Counting down the days until Christmas Break!
From November 21st until Now...
Natalie Concert - She plays viola. This is her 3rd year. (Can you find her? She's the smiling red head in the front row. She's close to the right half of the picture.)
The violist to her right and the first violin in the long flowy shirt are both friends from church.
We had to drive separately to get there for various scheduling reasons, so Rob drove us from the exit (where he had parked) WAY over to the parking lot in front of the stadium (where Alee, Gideon, and I had parked). The kids thought it was very funny that we all piled in the pick up to drive through the parking lots. (One asked if we could drive all the way home like that.)
After Seth's IGP (individual graduation plan meeting, yearly with parents and guidance counselor), I rushed to Alee's school for a STEM activity. I made it at the very end. They were making some 3-mast ship. Caravel...theirs were not shaped like the Spanish ships from the 16th century, but the goal was to use the supplied resources to make something water-tight and supportive enough for some number of metal washers. She and her partner succeeded.
That night, we had Carolyn's "Bob Ross" (art/painting) party - pizza and a paint-along video. It was surprisingly fun to watch the girls attempt to follow along, and it was more fun to see their various art pieces (whether they gave up and went off on their own or continued following the video.)
The very dark one is Seth's - he gave up and painted the whole thing a dark green/black and then started drawing happy little trees. I called it "Forest at nighttime" :)
Only one friend could stay over (as Carolyn had hoped many would), but it was ok because we had to leave early to get on the road for a visit to Memere's & Grandpa's. We went to a place called Dave & Buster's, which the kids really enjoyed. (Think Chuck E Cheese grown up to a teenager/adult. It is a restaurant/arcade style place.)
After a ridiculous amount of money* and games, our kids walked away with fun prizes, and the boys promptly fell asleep on the ride home! (*I actually have no idea how much was spent, but it's definitely in the range of a "Memere Activity" and not a "Mom Activity"!)
Finally, the week of Thanksgiving arrived! It wasn't a complete break, but at least we got to stay home and see lots of family. Rob still had some projects to prepare, Carolyn had a short research paper due a week later she needed to prepare, and the house got torn apart trying to set up Christmas in an already full space.
(Just so you know, I am not Carolyn's English teacher, so her assignments she had to do during the funeral trip and Thanksgiving were not my doing.)
And finally, we are set up and ready to go, food ready, people ready, table ready...um, except some of our guests got stuck in NM on a plane because of snow. :( David's in-laws did finally make it to SC the next day, but they missed Thanksgiving. They seemed to take it in stride though.
The dessert table grew by Sunday when David & Bryonna's baby was blessed at church. We housed the meal since our house is biggest for the family to gather and celebrate.
Happy Thanksgiving! (Check out Seth's face there...haha)
What a sweet baby! Will let Gideon use his camcorder over the weekend...crazy uncles!
My nephew (not the newborn, but the 1-year-old) is a very loving sweet child. He is about 11 months younger than Gideon, and he LOVES to hug. Gideon does not love this. While they were visiting the night of Thanksgiving, the little guy tried to hug Gideon, but Gideon flipped out, "He's taking me away!" He scrambled away while his cousin chased him down with open arms. It was so funny; Gideon looks about twice his size!
As a record, Kaitlyn put the star on the tree in 2019. Apparently, I will need to add this to my "fairness record" because there was a fight over it. (Yes, I have a fairness record where I keep track of where we went for Thanksgiving and Christmas each year since we've been married, and also who had a party that year for their birthday and the theme.)
Alee was disappointed her door couldn't have a bell/bells like the other kids' rooms.
(It would wake Gideon. I should just put one on her door since I always shut the door before his naps and bedtime. He and Alee just come through the laundry room to our room until both are awake, and then they open the door.)
Gideon's first year actually putting ornaments on the tree. He had so much fun!
And he still does...taking them off to show us or to play with one, and then putting it back on again.
Grandma came in town for David's baby blessing; we love Grandma. :)
Christmas Recital - one of my favorite traditions!
With 4 students (all related to me, but still, 4 kids from 3 different families besides our own), we have had to move from holding our recital at home to holding it elsewhere. So, we booked the church building. I decided to use the relief society room since it's right off the kitchen, wondering if it would feel too big. We almost filled it!
I'm glad we did it the same weekend as Thanksgiving to "kick off the season" because all 4 families (ours and the 3 with kids I teach) have had someone get sick and miss lessons this month. It was nice to know the lessons were just normal ones and not pre-recital lessons preparing for a big event.
The girls were excited that we had enough leaves to rake into a pile to play in. They were disappointed when Saturday came and Rob had Seth mow the lawn (yes, including the leaves). After they fussed about this, Gideon has held on it to for the rest of the month. "Seph mowed the weaves."
(Gideon, you've got to let it go.)
December began with normal stuff like grocery shopping, orthodontist, and eye appt., but also includes the Christmas prep and the constant performances for end of semester!
The first was a Masterclass for Carolyn's violin lessons. (It was like a recital of all the kids that learn from 2 teachers paired for the event, with a constructive critique from the opposite teacher after each student's performance.)
She played a song called "Two Grenadiers" by Schumann...or rather, I think it was a combination of two Schumann songs? She was very nervous (because Carolyn does not like to perform, especially solos!), but she did great!
The next day, Kaitlyn had a Drama Performance; she's taking a semester drama class. She loved it last year, but she loves it less this year with an actual performance. (Kaitlyn, it's drama...what did you expect?)
She had 3 parts to memorize and she said them flawlessly.
The twins joined Percussion ensemble at school once a week. I hope they play in the band concert tomorrow night, but they've only had a few practices so far, so I'm not sure?
Friday night Natalie's semester class had a Dance Concert. It was combined with all the middle school dance classes and the high school dance classes. The high school dance classes were very good. (So were the middle school beginner dance classes that Natalie was in...but the high school left some motivation to take more classes as she gets older.)
Saturday was triple booked for Carolyn. We all had a Ward Christmas Party that morning (pictures below), but Carolyn also had an orchestra rehearsal that afternoon and the youth Christmas Dance that evening.
Gideon wanted to visit his nursery friends. Several of the nursery kids wanted to see us and each other. I love working with those kids at church. :)
The young women did a narrated nativity with music. The primary girls joined in the choir of angels. All of my girls were in the angel choir except for Kaitlyn, who was assigned to be one of the wise (wo)men. :) They did have one young man (gotta have a Joseph!)
Oddly, Carolyn's semester-end orchestra concert was Sunday. Because she's homeschooled, we enrolled her in the String Project at USC. It's a great program and very affordable. I've seen a lot more progress in her first semester than in other kids of a year at high school. (The high school orchestra teacher is nice, but not pushy about practice, and with the string project, Carolyn gets weekly private lessons.) They sounded amazing, but of course, she was nervous. She admitted afterwards just moving as if she were playing for the tricky parts!
The sit by section and part (first violin, second violin) but aren't really ranked (first chair, second chair, etc). Can you find her?
See the green circle? Yes, that's my Carolyn hiding at the back. (She was assigned 2nd violin, so she's the harmony part, but she chose the back row.)
Tuesday we ventured to the DMV (where Gideon thankfully didn't lick any windows as he did during other visits earlier this year), and Carolyn successfully got her driving permit! (We then went to pick up her new retainer at Ortho and new violin strings at the music store.)
Later that night, we went to see Seth's concert. Can you find him?
He's also at the back, but for a totally different reason - He switched to the bass this year!
He loves it. We already own the cello (and a violin, several guitars, a clarinet, baritone, piano, ukuleles, etc etc...still paying for the viola as she grows)...we just can't fit a bass into the budget or the house! So, he uses the school one, only at school. I'm trying to work out getting one for practice at home now that I see he's enjoying it. And he's doing surprisingly well considering he can't really practice at home! (hoping to fix that) I hope he makes it into the highest orchestra next year...the middle level orchestra could use some more practice minutes!
One more kid concert...but unlike these events that were all 2 days apart, we have a little over a week break before another. (Starting the day after Carolyn's masterclass, from Kaitlyn's drama to Seth's concert, we had an event every other day!)
And while I'm trying to keep up with the calendar and wishing all the kids could be in the same orchestra or that the schools could combine all their fine arts into 1 night...or better, save them all for January at the "real" end of the public school semester!...Rob is busy studying for end of semester exams. (Because, at USC it IS the end of the semester in December.) He (miraculously) made all A's in his classes! He worked hard, but the classes were demanding, and he didn't expect A's. We know where our blessings come from!
Saturday we had a Christmas shopping date for lunch for our anniversary (the next day) rather than an evening date since the kids had a library activity that evening called the "Yule Ball", although it is nothing like a ball. It was food and games and crafts. It was a "lock in" for teens. (It was an after hours even where they lock the library to keep everyone safe and entertain teenagers for 4 hours. What a great library we have here!)
We had lunch at Panera for our date.
I wish I'd gotten a picture of the kids dressed for the library activity. The theme was "Harry Potter", so Carolyn wore her cloak I made her for her birthday and got many compliments on it.
Sunday was our 18th anniversary. We had one. 18 years. No pictures. No big thing. We had choir practice. (Yeah, that's not celebrating an anniversary.) We had Saturday's date. :)
Keeping us busy this week is just the normal every day, including science fair projects, which I won't give my opinion of because I'm trying to keep this post positive. Funny moment - the high school and elementary school have "spirit week" or "count down to the break" weeks, so the middle school girls and Carolyn wanted something special about this week when they saw the other kids' calendar of how to dress. The calendar was edited:
Natalie decided she would wear clothes everyday. (A good decision!) I insisted Carolyn have a reason for wearing PJs most of the week, so she sent me this:
Tomorrow's a little crazy! If we can just get through Thursday night, Friday will be settling down. Here's what tomorrow afternoon looks like for us: Seth has his once-a-month club at the library called LOAF (league of anime fans), along with a band concert for Kaitlyn, oh, and dance class for Alee and Natalie. Thankfully, Seth can drive himself there after school. The twins will stay at the middle school to practice for percussion ensemble, and I'll pick up Natalie after that for dance class (with Alee), while Kaitlyn stays to help set up for the band concert. We'll have to leave dance class early to make it in time to band, and Seth will pick up Rob and Carolyn from home and meet us there. Gideon, as always, is just along for the ride. I'm sure he'll be completely well behaved for the band concert. (lol)
Wish us luck and good behavior!!
Upcoming plans...more Christmas fun and less busy busy scheduling!
Kaitlyn will be working on her [new] science fair topic most of Saturday. (The un-fun part.)
We're hoping to carol with neighbors Saturday night and with friends in another ward Sunday evening. (Church is just 1 hour Sunday so we can spend more time with our family celebrating Christmas, and I will have already butchered the choir song I have to play, so there will be no choir practice that afternoon. Yea!)
Monday we are planning to have a family home evening to act out the nativity story and invite over a few people from church to join us.
We will celebrate Christmas Eve & Christmas Day quietly^, and then Rob's family will be with us the rest of the week. (And those things are the only things going on those days! It will be *relaxing.)
^Quietly may be the wrong word...there will be plenty of noise! But we will not have to run errands, drop off, pick up, attend an event, or do a project!
*We may be finishing up science fair projects during some of that "relaxing time". (Have I ever mentioned how much I dislike science fair projects?)
Let's finish up with some Gideon Quotes & Events from the past month:
Gideon sings sometimes as he lies in his bed. He quotes movies and books constantly.
Gideon climbed into shower with Alee. (It was bound to happen; all the other kids except Seth have done it with an older unsuspecting sibling!)
Family picture moment with a 2 year old "CHEESE!" - "No! It's not your picture, Alee; it's my picture!"
(We tell him in the van on the way home from the funeral in November "We're going to take a little break"...I meant from movie in the van) Gideon says: "I don't want to take a little (wittle) break. I want to take a fast break."
"Can you protect me from the snow monster?" (Rudolph movie. Last week in Frosty the Snowman it was Santa he was afraid of. Needless to say, we do not go visit Santa.)
"Everybody shut up!" (Oops.... We all need to watch our language around him!)
"I need help with geography" 5 seconds later "I pooped in my diaper"
When he says something, you must respond to acknowledge him. If you don't respond he will continue to repeat whatever it is!
(Looking out his van window at the sky): "it's so colorful and dirty"
(no, actually, that's your window that's dirty...His window really is very finger-smeared)
When Rob's white silicone ring went missing, Alee's advice was to check Gideon's toy shelves. Every time she's missing something, that's where she looks and finds it (usually on the 2nd shelf she recommended).
And the last one is a Seth quote:
Seth is struggling to keep up in chemistry and keeps needing my help at home because, as Seth says of his teacher, "He talks like his hair is on fire."
What does that even mean???
(I am now reviewing with crash course chemistry on YouTube so that I know what to Google when he needs help! Although it was my favorite science, and I took 2 years in high school, it's been 20 years! I can barely remember this stuff.)
Today I got our new pictures on the wall! You'll be seeing more in the next post!
Natalie Concert - She plays viola. This is her 3rd year. (Can you find her? She's the smiling red head in the front row. She's close to the right half of the picture.)
The violist to her right and the first violin in the long flowy shirt are both friends from church.
We had to drive separately to get there for various scheduling reasons, so Rob drove us from the exit (where he had parked) WAY over to the parking lot in front of the stadium (where Alee, Gideon, and I had parked). The kids thought it was very funny that we all piled in the pick up to drive through the parking lots. (One asked if we could drive all the way home like that.)
After Seth's IGP (individual graduation plan meeting, yearly with parents and guidance counselor), I rushed to Alee's school for a STEM activity. I made it at the very end. They were making some 3-mast ship. Caravel...theirs were not shaped like the Spanish ships from the 16th century, but the goal was to use the supplied resources to make something water-tight and supportive enough for some number of metal washers. She and her partner succeeded.
That night, we had Carolyn's "Bob Ross" (art/painting) party - pizza and a paint-along video. It was surprisingly fun to watch the girls attempt to follow along, and it was more fun to see their various art pieces (whether they gave up and went off on their own or continued following the video.)
The very dark one is Seth's - he gave up and painted the whole thing a dark green/black and then started drawing happy little trees. I called it "Forest at nighttime" :)
Only one friend could stay over (as Carolyn had hoped many would), but it was ok because we had to leave early to get on the road for a visit to Memere's & Grandpa's. We went to a place called Dave & Buster's, which the kids really enjoyed. (Think Chuck E Cheese grown up to a teenager/adult. It is a restaurant/arcade style place.)
Gideon was a little young, but that's just the way it is for him. The majority of our kids are teens/tweens, so that's the focus age for our outtings.
After a ridiculous amount of money* and games, our kids walked away with fun prizes, and the boys promptly fell asleep on the ride home! (*I actually have no idea how much was spent, but it's definitely in the range of a "Memere Activity" and not a "Mom Activity"!)
Finally, the week of Thanksgiving arrived! It wasn't a complete break, but at least we got to stay home and see lots of family. Rob still had some projects to prepare, Carolyn had a short research paper due a week later she needed to prepare, and the house got torn apart trying to set up Christmas in an already full space.
(Just so you know, I am not Carolyn's English teacher, so her assignments she had to do during the funeral trip and Thanksgiving were not my doing.)
My parents came to stay with us for the weekend since we were hosting Thanksgiving in Columbia. Before the Thanksgiving-stuff started, though, we had to take a pre-Thanksgiving shopping trip (mostly so my mom could take Carolyn and Alee to get their birthday presents). We successfully got those, plus I spent a gift card I've had in my wallet for 11 months, and we visited Santa's helper. (A friend from church who works at the Santa area of the mall.)
Yea! Donuts from Granddaddy and Grammy! (They also bought him cookies not on sale that he mostly just eats the cream out of the middle of and nibbles on the licked cookie.)
And finally, we are set up and ready to go, food ready, people ready, table ready...um, except some of our guests got stuck in NM on a plane because of snow. :( David's in-laws did finally make it to SC the next day, but they missed Thanksgiving. They seemed to take it in stride though.
The dessert table grew by Sunday when David & Bryonna's baby was blessed at church. We housed the meal since our house is biggest for the family to gather and celebrate.
Happy Thanksgiving! (Check out Seth's face there...haha)
What a sweet baby! Will let Gideon use his camcorder over the weekend...crazy uncles!
My nephew (not the newborn, but the 1-year-old) is a very loving sweet child. He is about 11 months younger than Gideon, and he LOVES to hug. Gideon does not love this. While they were visiting the night of Thanksgiving, the little guy tried to hug Gideon, but Gideon flipped out, "He's taking me away!" He scrambled away while his cousin chased him down with open arms. It was so funny; Gideon looks about twice his size!
As a record, Kaitlyn put the star on the tree in 2019. Apparently, I will need to add this to my "fairness record" because there was a fight over it. (Yes, I have a fairness record where I keep track of where we went for Thanksgiving and Christmas each year since we've been married, and also who had a party that year for their birthday and the theme.)
Alee was disappointed her door couldn't have a bell/bells like the other kids' rooms.
(It would wake Gideon. I should just put one on her door since I always shut the door before his naps and bedtime. He and Alee just come through the laundry room to our room until both are awake, and then they open the door.)
Gideon's first year actually putting ornaments on the tree. He had so much fun!
And he still does...taking them off to show us or to play with one, and then putting it back on again.
Grandma came in town for David's baby blessing; we love Grandma. :)
Christmas Recital - one of my favorite traditions!
With 4 students (all related to me, but still, 4 kids from 3 different families besides our own), we have had to move from holding our recital at home to holding it elsewhere. So, we booked the church building. I decided to use the relief society room since it's right off the kitchen, wondering if it would feel too big. We almost filled it!
I'm glad we did it the same weekend as Thanksgiving to "kick off the season" because all 4 families (ours and the 3 with kids I teach) have had someone get sick and miss lessons this month. It was nice to know the lessons were just normal ones and not pre-recital lessons preparing for a big event.
The girls were excited that we had enough leaves to rake into a pile to play in. They were disappointed when Saturday came and Rob had Seth mow the lawn (yes, including the leaves). After they fussed about this, Gideon has held on it to for the rest of the month. "Seph mowed the weaves."
(Gideon, you've got to let it go.)
December began with normal stuff like grocery shopping, orthodontist, and eye appt., but also includes the Christmas prep and the constant performances for end of semester!
The first was a Masterclass for Carolyn's violin lessons. (It was like a recital of all the kids that learn from 2 teachers paired for the event, with a constructive critique from the opposite teacher after each student's performance.)
She played a song called "Two Grenadiers" by Schumann...or rather, I think it was a combination of two Schumann songs? She was very nervous (because Carolyn does not like to perform, especially solos!), but she did great!
The next day, Kaitlyn had a Drama Performance; she's taking a semester drama class. She loved it last year, but she loves it less this year with an actual performance. (Kaitlyn, it's drama...what did you expect?)
She had 3 parts to memorize and she said them flawlessly.
She's in the pink jacket.
The twins joined Percussion ensemble at school once a week. I hope they play in the band concert tomorrow night, but they've only had a few practices so far, so I'm not sure?
Friday night Natalie's semester class had a Dance Concert. It was combined with all the middle school dance classes and the high school dance classes. The high school dance classes were very good. (So were the middle school beginner dance classes that Natalie was in...but the high school left some motivation to take more classes as she gets older.)
These photos are from modern, but they did 3 dances: jazz, modern, and hip hop. (They're doing ballet now to finish the semester, which ends in January.)
Rob's parents came to see her concert. They come when they can, but neither of our parents can make it to all the kids' events. (WE'RE lucky if our family can make it to all the kids events! We purposely left Gideon home with Seth for this one. I did the drama performance alone with Gideon, and that was enough toddler adventure for my week.)
(Carolyn was there too, but she had already run off to talk to some friends.)
Saturday was triple booked for Carolyn. We all had a Ward Christmas Party that morning (pictures below), but Carolyn also had an orchestra rehearsal that afternoon and the youth Christmas Dance that evening.
Gideon wanted to visit his nursery friends. Several of the nursery kids wanted to see us and each other. I love working with those kids at church. :)
The young women did a narrated nativity with music. The primary girls joined in the choir of angels. All of my girls were in the angel choir except for Kaitlyn, who was assigned to be one of the wise (wo)men. :) They did have one young man (gotta have a Joseph!)
Oddly, Carolyn's semester-end orchestra concert was Sunday. Because she's homeschooled, we enrolled her in the String Project at USC. It's a great program and very affordable. I've seen a lot more progress in her first semester than in other kids of a year at high school. (The high school orchestra teacher is nice, but not pushy about practice, and with the string project, Carolyn gets weekly private lessons.) They sounded amazing, but of course, she was nervous. She admitted afterwards just moving as if she were playing for the tricky parts!
The sit by section and part (first violin, second violin) but aren't really ranked (first chair, second chair, etc). Can you find her?
See the green circle? Yes, that's my Carolyn hiding at the back. (She was assigned 2nd violin, so she's the harmony part, but she chose the back row.)
Tuesday we ventured to the DMV (where Gideon thankfully didn't lick any windows as he did during other visits earlier this year), and Carolyn successfully got her driving permit! (We then went to pick up her new retainer at Ortho and new violin strings at the music store.)
Later that night, we went to see Seth's concert. Can you find him?
He's also at the back, but for a totally different reason - He switched to the bass this year!
He loves it. We already own the cello (and a violin, several guitars, a clarinet, baritone, piano, ukuleles, etc etc...still paying for the viola as she grows)...we just can't fit a bass into the budget or the house! So, he uses the school one, only at school. I'm trying to work out getting one for practice at home now that I see he's enjoying it. And he's doing surprisingly well considering he can't really practice at home! (hoping to fix that) I hope he makes it into the highest orchestra next year...the middle level orchestra could use some more practice minutes!
One more kid concert...but unlike these events that were all 2 days apart, we have a little over a week break before another. (Starting the day after Carolyn's masterclass, from Kaitlyn's drama to Seth's concert, we had an event every other day!)
And while I'm trying to keep up with the calendar and wishing all the kids could be in the same orchestra or that the schools could combine all their fine arts into 1 night...or better, save them all for January at the "real" end of the public school semester!...Rob is busy studying for end of semester exams. (Because, at USC it IS the end of the semester in December.) He (miraculously) made all A's in his classes! He worked hard, but the classes were demanding, and he didn't expect A's. We know where our blessings come from!
Saturday we had a Christmas shopping date for lunch for our anniversary (the next day) rather than an evening date since the kids had a library activity that evening called the "Yule Ball", although it is nothing like a ball. It was food and games and crafts. It was a "lock in" for teens. (It was an after hours even where they lock the library to keep everyone safe and entertain teenagers for 4 hours. What a great library we have here!)
We had lunch at Panera for our date.
I wish I'd gotten a picture of the kids dressed for the library activity. The theme was "Harry Potter", so Carolyn wore her cloak I made her for her birthday and got many compliments on it.
Sunday was our 18th anniversary. We had one. 18 years. No pictures. No big thing. We had choir practice. (Yeah, that's not celebrating an anniversary.) We had Saturday's date. :)
Keeping us busy this week is just the normal every day, including science fair projects, which I won't give my opinion of because I'm trying to keep this post positive. Funny moment - the high school and elementary school have "spirit week" or "count down to the break" weeks, so the middle school girls and Carolyn wanted something special about this week when they saw the other kids' calendar of how to dress. The calendar was edited:
Natalie decided she would wear clothes everyday. (A good decision!) I insisted Carolyn have a reason for wearing PJs most of the week, so she sent me this:
Tomorrow's a little crazy! If we can just get through Thursday night, Friday will be settling down. Here's what tomorrow afternoon looks like for us: Seth has his once-a-month club at the library called LOAF (league of anime fans), along with a band concert for Kaitlyn, oh, and dance class for Alee and Natalie. Thankfully, Seth can drive himself there after school. The twins will stay at the middle school to practice for percussion ensemble, and I'll pick up Natalie after that for dance class (with Alee), while Kaitlyn stays to help set up for the band concert. We'll have to leave dance class early to make it in time to band, and Seth will pick up Rob and Carolyn from home and meet us there. Gideon, as always, is just along for the ride. I'm sure he'll be completely well behaved for the band concert. (lol)
Wish us luck and good behavior!!
Upcoming plans...more Christmas fun and less busy busy scheduling!
Kaitlyn will be working on her [new] science fair topic most of Saturday. (The un-fun part.)
We're hoping to carol with neighbors Saturday night and with friends in another ward Sunday evening. (Church is just 1 hour Sunday so we can spend more time with our family celebrating Christmas, and I will have already butchered the choir song I have to play, so there will be no choir practice that afternoon. Yea!)
Monday we are planning to have a family home evening to act out the nativity story and invite over a few people from church to join us.
We will celebrate Christmas Eve & Christmas Day quietly^, and then Rob's family will be with us the rest of the week. (And those things are the only things going on those days! It will be *relaxing.)
^Quietly may be the wrong word...there will be plenty of noise! But we will not have to run errands, drop off, pick up, attend an event, or do a project!
*We may be finishing up science fair projects during some of that "relaxing time". (Have I ever mentioned how much I dislike science fair projects?)
Let's finish up with some Gideon Quotes & Events from the past month:
Gideon sings sometimes as he lies in his bed. He quotes movies and books constantly.
Gideon climbed into shower with Alee. (It was bound to happen; all the other kids except Seth have done it with an older unsuspecting sibling!)
Family picture moment with a 2 year old "CHEESE!" - "No! It's not your picture, Alee; it's my picture!"
(We tell him in the van on the way home from the funeral in November "We're going to take a little break"...I meant from movie in the van) Gideon says: "I don't want to take a little (wittle) break. I want to take a fast break."
"Can you protect me from the snow monster?" (Rudolph movie. Last week in Frosty the Snowman it was Santa he was afraid of. Needless to say, we do not go visit Santa.)
"Everybody shut up!" (Oops.... We all need to watch our language around him!)
"I need help with geography" 5 seconds later "I pooped in my diaper"
When he says something, you must respond to acknowledge him. If you don't respond he will continue to repeat whatever it is!
(Looking out his van window at the sky): "it's so colorful and dirty"
(no, actually, that's your window that's dirty...His window really is very finger-smeared)
When Rob's white silicone ring went missing, Alee's advice was to check Gideon's toy shelves. Every time she's missing something, that's where she looks and finds it (usually on the 2nd shelf she recommended).
And the last one is a Seth quote:
Seth is struggling to keep up in chemistry and keeps needing my help at home because, as Seth says of his teacher, "He talks like his hair is on fire."
What does that even mean???
(I am now reviewing with crash course chemistry on YouTube so that I know what to Google when he needs help! Although it was my favorite science, and I took 2 years in high school, it's been 20 years! I can barely remember this stuff.)
Today I got our new pictures on the wall! You'll be seeing more in the next post!















































Comments
Post a Comment