First Family Camping Trip
The first FULL week of school ended.
We had arranged a camping trip with my brother and sister-in-law.
Rob's class didn't have assignments yet, same for the public school kids, and Carolyn's assignments are what I made them (since her English through Virtual SC hadn't started yet).
It was a much needed break! It was our first time camping as a family, and we had so much fun. We hope to go again (but with an additional person coming along) next trip. I hope David's baby sleeps better in the woods than my toddler did! That was the only part of the trip I didn't enjoy.
Seth is a seasoned camper.
Freedom to run around? YES!
David and Bryonna's camp chairs were luxurious :)
The sleeping accommodations were not luxurious, but were comfortable. Gideon wanted to stay up all night. Sigh.
Rob and I each had a cot. The kids all had air mattresses. Gideon had a mat or the opportunity to sleep with anyone else he was willing to fall asleep on or with. He was up SO late.
We took down all of camp around him the next morning. He slept in.
Pinecones sound like fun to carry around.
We had burgers, macaroni, and potatoes for supper, smores for dessert, and pancakes, bacon, and eggs for breakfast. (Bryonna is very pregnant in the back of this picture. I can't believe she was willing to do camping. I never heard her complain.)
We got to try out the playground. We want to do two nights next time so we have time to do some more activities (like kayaking).
Rob must have taken the picture because he's the only one missing.
Gideon was disappointed that we didn't do any swimming, so he helped clean the cooler.















Comments
Post a Comment