"I wike it" (I like it, in Gideon speak)

Gideon's most repeated words when we first went to the beach this year were "I wike it" as he struggled to get out of our restrictive grasps so that he could run free and experience this awesome adventure he had never experienced before (at least not to his short memory of toddlerhood).

He wanted to run into the ocean, run out of the ocean, sit and let the low waves splash right up to his chin, and not hold hands! The second time we went this week he found some caution, and even said "scared*" once or twice. Still he didn't want to hold hands, but he did more running from the ocean than into it this second visit to the beach.


(*Actually what he said was "scared speedo" because I had called his swim diaper a speedo, but what he meant was "uncomfortable speedo" but he doesn't have that word in his vocabulary yet. His swim trunks were in the laundry, so we'd just gone in a diaper and tshirt. Consequently, he got sand between his chunky little thighs, and did not like it. Even after changing him into a normal pull-up, he complained. Turns out the sand rubbed his chunky little thighs red, and we had to use some of his cousin's diaper cream to sooth it afterwards. No sand without swim trunks next time!)

I always take too many pictures when we visit my parents because the beach is so pretty. Even terrible pictures look better if the beach is in the background. I think the beach is my favorite (non-people) creation! That's why it gets its own post - for the beach pictures. (But there are pool and other pictures too.)

Gideon's birthday pictures are in separate post - Summer Fun to Birthday Fun.


 The Shell Hunter


The Fisherman

 The Mermaids

The Sand Architect (with Dad)

I Am Speed






After 5 minutes, Alee asked, 
"Can I have 2 chopped up kiwis for my eyes?"
&
"Am I tan yet?"

We did some shopping (because Mom likes shopping and I barely like it). We had some success. (New shorts and new shoes among other things.)

 His cousin is very affectionate. (He will allow these hugs and kisses as long as it doesn't interrupt him watching Cars.)

 The little girl cousins are a little more chill....Gideon has energy to get out...
Most common pool phrase from us: "Walk! WALK! WALK! Walk SLOWLY!" we'd yell as he ran another lap around the pool...sigh.

Seth like to chill (Seth as the foam octopus).





I love her red hair against blue skies!

 The Sand Artist today

He figured out how to turn the spigot on by himself. (After an hour at the beach, the shirt was completely sandy so we went down to just the swim diaper for pool time, but the pool plans got cancelled anyways for the time being - thunder!)

He won't stand still for my picture, but this is the first hood he willingly wears (a turtle towel).




The new unicorn float was a fought-over pool item. (So Seth needed to have a turn just for that reason.)



 (Don't have a picture of Alee on it. I've already forgotten why. Probably attitude.)

End of beach visits summer 2019

Saying goodbye to cousins

More importantly, saying goodbye to "Granddaddy cookies" (which really were wanted just for the cream in the middle).

Painted seashells for Grandma's seashell collection (she wants one painted by each grandchild). These are Bailey kids plus one of Jacob's kids, I think. (We did not let the 2-year-olds participate yet...next year!)

Comments