Gideon and Seth - from crib to car
Gideon quotes:
"My tablet needs to charge" - from a modern age 2-year-old
"Need ice pack" - every injury needs an ice pack
"I can't find blue phone" - (which in fact is still missing - it's not his but he thinks it is)
It's an old phone of ours that is out of date and had small issues, but we kept it to use as "kid phone" or "family phone." Gideon uses it to watch PBS kids. We have an identical one that is black that we are still using.
"I'm sleepy Mommy" - it's nice when he admits it; it'd be nicer if he'd just lie down and go to sleep!
"It smells look poopy in here" - My 2nd favorite quote of this round! (Gideon told to Rob in new office... Gideon had a lump in his shorts. Guess who was causing the poopy smell?)
"All mine" - Gideon said as he hugged the entire box of goldfish. No...well, not until he spilled the entire box on the floor 2 days later. Yep, now it's all yours to enjoy.
"Something smells like terrible." - My favorite quote and the most reused by the rest of us and by Gideon.
"Need ice in it. Need more water." - I've never seen a 2-year-old so insistent that his cup of water has ice in it!
Now that I've written how cute/funny he is, let me tell you how aggravating he has been!
I mentioned he learned to climb out of the crib. After the 3rd or 4th time in a week (one of them being silently in the middle of the night), we decided it was time to convert his crib to a toddler bed for his safety in getting out of bed. (He was going to get out whether it was a crib or a bed, but one is significantly less acrobatic!)
At first he loved it! He was so cute climbing in and out and pulling the covers us. I gave him a pillow, which he seemed to think made him "big".
And then it came time for naptime/bedtime. He started crying (scared) right after I left his room. I'm not sure why he acted like he was abandoned when he was MORE able to follow me than in a crib, but maybe the change looked too different. So I sat with him while he fell asleep.
If this had continued to work, it would be fine. But no! He is so difficult. He screamed for 45 minutes last night...or maybe that was the night before last - last night might have been longer? I'm so tired I can't quite remember?
Even the sheets being "Cars" does not make him want to stay. Today I sat with him for about 45 minutes until he fell asleep. Rob has held or rocked him to sleep several nights (which would also be ok if it didn't take so long and if he didn't scream over being "stuck").
He also had a fever earlier this week, which made him feel bad and added to the difficult transition. (He was better behaved with the fever than after.) Pray for us.
Also a pain at the pool. This was planned for the older kids. I would have left him home if I could have; he didn't take a nap at all this day. (And he kept trying to take off his "froggy suit," didn't want the baby pool, and didn't want me to hold him either.)
Tender mercy: He's going through this lack-of-sleep stage that is driving us crazy as we fight him to stay in a bed (that he was finally being so cooperative for in its crib form) a few weeks before school starts. So, sleep deprivation can be overcome before we need to use our brains fully.
More on the changes and difficulties...Moving from crib stuff to car stuff:
Rob and Seth traded vehicles so that Seth could use Rob's truck for a service he was asked to do. Before the end of the day, Rob had the car at the mechanics and I was picking him up. After they looked at his black Scion xB, they determined it needed a new motor (possibly among other things after that was fixed). We didn't pay enough for that vehicle to do that kind of work on it.
We sold it to a scrapper, and bought another cheap (but slightly less cheap) car for the kid car today.
Seth now has a Honda Accord (2008).
So now Seth and I both have gray Honda vehicles.
And this one has power locks and windows (fancy)! :) He's excited that it came with a clicker thing to lock the doors. (Fob?)
Tender mercy: This also happened far enough before school started so that we could deal with it in the "get ready for school time." Rob was the one driving when it started acting up and not Seth. We got 18 months out of the last vehicle.
"My tablet needs to charge" - from a modern age 2-year-old
"Need ice pack" - every injury needs an ice pack
"I can't find blue phone" - (which in fact is still missing - it's not his but he thinks it is)
It's an old phone of ours that is out of date and had small issues, but we kept it to use as "kid phone" or "family phone." Gideon uses it to watch PBS kids. We have an identical one that is black that we are still using.
"I'm sleepy Mommy" - it's nice when he admits it; it'd be nicer if he'd just lie down and go to sleep!
"It smells look poopy in here" - My 2nd favorite quote of this round! (Gideon told to Rob in new office... Gideon had a lump in his shorts. Guess who was causing the poopy smell?)
"All mine" - Gideon said as he hugged the entire box of goldfish. No...well, not until he spilled the entire box on the floor 2 days later. Yep, now it's all yours to enjoy.
"Something smells like terrible." - My favorite quote and the most reused by the rest of us and by Gideon.
"Need ice in it. Need more water." - I've never seen a 2-year-old so insistent that his cup of water has ice in it!
Now that I've written how cute/funny he is, let me tell you how aggravating he has been!
I mentioned he learned to climb out of the crib. After the 3rd or 4th time in a week (one of them being silently in the middle of the night), we decided it was time to convert his crib to a toddler bed for his safety in getting out of bed. (He was going to get out whether it was a crib or a bed, but one is significantly less acrobatic!)
At first he loved it! He was so cute climbing in and out and pulling the covers us. I gave him a pillow, which he seemed to think made him "big".
And then it came time for naptime/bedtime. He started crying (scared) right after I left his room. I'm not sure why he acted like he was abandoned when he was MORE able to follow me than in a crib, but maybe the change looked too different. So I sat with him while he fell asleep.
If this had continued to work, it would be fine. But no! He is so difficult. He screamed for 45 minutes last night...or maybe that was the night before last - last night might have been longer? I'm so tired I can't quite remember?
Even the sheets being "Cars" does not make him want to stay. Today I sat with him for about 45 minutes until he fell asleep. Rob has held or rocked him to sleep several nights (which would also be ok if it didn't take so long and if he didn't scream over being "stuck").
He also had a fever earlier this week, which made him feel bad and added to the difficult transition. (He was better behaved with the fever than after.) Pray for us.
Also a pain at the pool. This was planned for the older kids. I would have left him home if I could have; he didn't take a nap at all this day. (And he kept trying to take off his "froggy suit," didn't want the baby pool, and didn't want me to hold him either.)
Tender mercy: He's going through this lack-of-sleep stage that is driving us crazy as we fight him to stay in a bed (that he was finally being so cooperative for in its crib form) a few weeks before school starts. So, sleep deprivation can be overcome before we need to use our brains fully.
More on the changes and difficulties...Moving from crib stuff to car stuff:
Rob and Seth traded vehicles so that Seth could use Rob's truck for a service he was asked to do. Before the end of the day, Rob had the car at the mechanics and I was picking him up. After they looked at his black Scion xB, they determined it needed a new motor (possibly among other things after that was fixed). We didn't pay enough for that vehicle to do that kind of work on it.
We sold it to a scrapper, and bought another cheap (but slightly less cheap) car for the kid car today.
Seth now has a Honda Accord (2008).
So now Seth and I both have gray Honda vehicles.
And this one has power locks and windows (fancy)! :) He's excited that it came with a clicker thing to lock the doors. (Fob?)
Tender mercy: This also happened far enough before school started so that we could deal with it in the "get ready for school time." Rob was the one driving when it started acting up and not Seth. We got 18 months out of the last vehicle.









Comments
Post a Comment