The end of school can not get here fast enough

Let's start with the Gideon quotes and skills!
Someone found him licking/eating a (non-toxic) glue stick: "Nummy."

He's a wall artist (murals); he's an everything artist. sigh

Gideon raised his hand during scriptures (because Kaitlyn had). When I asked if he had anything to say, it was "all done." (He's always "all done" with things that require reverence...spiritual training takes effort!)

A batch of muffins were on the counter for later, and he wanted a muffin. (or "muffom" as he says). I told him he had to wait, he asked "pway?" with his hands together and eyes squinted.
(It was so cute that I almost gave him one rather than explain they were for later.)

He almost put the cord of a pair of headphones in an electrical outlet (most that he can access have plugs, but sometimes they get left out after I vacuum or someone needs the outlet). Sheesh! Natalie caught and stopped him. Scared me like crazy! He's so much more into everything than I remember the others. (Including the twins!) I think my house is just less baby-proof.

He is climbing and finding ways to get into everything (like the table bench pulled to the kitchen sink to get to the water). Tonight we turned off the water to the fridge. Unfortunately, unlike the fridge in the last house, this fridge doesn't have a lock feature. boo (Another reason I wish this fridge would die so I would have a real reason to buy a new one!) :)

Have I shared this one?
One night at the table, he looked at his sippy cup, and said "goldfish." We were confused, and then he said, "swimmy." And then realized he was pointing to the floaties (backwash) in his cup.
Bwahahah! So gross and so funny in the moment.

Gideon can climb in and out of bathtub alone. (My garden tub or the regular tubs). He also knows how to turn on the water.

His favorite lunch food of all is chicken nuggets. It's really all he wants to eat. However, once a week I make shells and cheese (using something like velveeta) for the kids' lunches, and I set aside some in bowls for those of us at home. He loves this and calls it Mac-ee (Mackie).

"Pwease! Fruit snacks"
(He helped himself to so many fruit snacks that they are less exciting right now.)

He sings: "My turtle......." (over and over and finally) "My turtle is dead!"
Silly girls' camp song! I'll share a video link. The girls taught him this annoying song.

Playset champion! He's gotten really good at climbing those steps to the slide. (He still can't get up that rock wall yet though!)

"Don't touch. Big kids." (He said this while pointing to lotion. Yes - I like that. I now say "Don't Touch. That's for Big Kids!" to a lot of things.)

Gideon can open upstairs gate. We can add a little hook or stick into the hole of the gate latch; we just need to do it. Mostly, he's upstairs for sleeping, so he's in a crib, or he's playing/supervised by someone.

Yesterday, Seth declared, "I might not be a detective but I think I know who did this." (It wasn't really a bad mess, but we still are having regular "bathroom crime scene" moments. I don't like having to lock the door all the time, but no gate will fit there.)

 Besides chicken nuggets (dino nuggets to be exact), Gideon's other favorite food is popsicles, and his favorite color is yellow! He opens the back door, opens the chest freezer by the steps, and pulls out whatever color he wants. He hands it to us, tells us the color, and expects us to cut it open for him.

It's end of the year event season!
First was the middle school orchestra concert at the end of April. This is for Natalie and Carolyn.
 (Natalie's right behind the girl dressed in all black.)

 (Carolyn's front and center - she actually made 1st chair for once! She has great potential, but she's been practicing a lot lately, so it's paid off. She was surprised because her good friend from church started private lessons; she said it was probably just luck that she did better this one time.) :)

Seth helped entertain Alee while my mother-in-law entertained Gideon. It was the most peaceful concert we've had in years. (Including tonight's band concert that will have to be pictured in the next post.)

 Speaking of end-of-the-year music events, our family recital is in just 2 weeks!
Mark your calendars! (I'll send the link out a few days before hand.)

Alee taught Gideon to "pick" the flowers, and Gideon learned to say "dandelion" (sort of).

Rearranging rooms again. We put the queen bed downstairs so that guests can have their own space, own bathroom, and no stairs. (We left the couch and Carolyn likes this. The room still needs some organization, patching holes, and probably another round of painting.)

Seth gets his own room (without Gideon); Gideon was starting to wake up earlier and earlier, and Seth was constantly stuck out of his room, needing something in there.


Alee likes Gideon not to touch her architecture!

Gideon and Alee are sharing the room Natalie and Carolyn previously had.
We need to work on the toys, but in general, it's nice, and the trucks, cars, toilet flushing (connected bathroom), Seth's alarm, etc does not wake him up anymore. (The backdoor's neighbors dogs do sometimes, but maybe he'll get used to those?)





Finally made it to the unit about magnetism - Alee's favorite topic in science.



The dance recital came and went, and pictures came and went, and we are done until August! :)
All 3 did a baton class this year.





My dad offered to keep kids who didn't want to go, so we left Gideon home with him. He slept most of the time, but he did wake up with a diaper need, so he wasn't all easy. (It was so nice not to have to fidget with him during the over 2 hour recital!)

This year was a trophy year for our girls.
 (The twin have done 3 continuous years of dance, so they could get a 3 year trophy. Then, I found out they could count gymnastics years, so we transferred those years over. Alee and Natalie earned 3 years, and Kaitlyn earned 5 years...although they're technically at 4, 4, and 7, they let them get the trophy they missed because I didn't know to transfer those years the first year we came back. A little confusing, but it boils down to they will get the next level next year - 5 year or 8 year.)

Plenty of recital audience for them



Gideon tries to blog the white dandelions but always gets it into his mouth.



Carolyn went to the 8th grade social, which some girls treat like middle school prom! She just wanted to wear a normal church dress outfit. I did her make up and put some braids in her half-up hair. She had fun with her group of friends.

I should have taken more "before" pictures of the garage. This is one of the milder areas.
 We worked for hours on Saturday! (We had a full afternoon, so Rob finished everything except for tool/workbench organization on his own. The yard will have to wait a little longer.)

The after pictures:



I wish I could visit all of my grandparents regularly, but I'm grateful to have the chance to see one set often.

Alee made these cookies from a cake mix (with a little help from Carolyn).

Gideon LOVES trying out instruments, but usually just tries to eat Rob's euphonium mouthpiece. He finally figured it out this Sunday! (Make elephant noises, they told him.) So cute! [A euphonium is like a tuba.]
We were practicing for our family musical number for the recital. (IF we can get it together, it's going to be awesome.)
 This was right after Gideon's bath. (He seems to have a lot of naked/shirtless pictures in this post!)

Next post will begin with the band concert (from tonight), and the orchestra concert Seth has Thursday night, and will HOPEFULLY end with the end of school!

The older kids have 3 more weeks (this week, the week of Memorial Day and then M-Th of the following week after our music recital). Alee has school until the Thursday after Memorial Day (and then we finish our 180 days). Rob/Seth finish seminary for the year this Friday. 

Comments