Kids make me laugh (and make me a little crazy)
Oops! Look again!
We went to Goodwill with some of the girls, and on the way out, the girls walked towards the parking lot ahead of me. I thought we had parked father to the right than where they were walking, but then they walked up to a gray van ahead of us. Guess I remembered wrong? Wait, that's not our license plate. Too late! Kaitlyn had opened the door. Ha! There was a boy in there on his iPad that gave her a funny look. As she walked away embarrassed, she said dramatically, you're not going to tell anyone about this are you?? Rob replied, laughing, "I'm telling everyone!" (She would have told anyways; Kaitlyn is an open book.)
(What's funny is Alee did the same thing to an empty gray van months ago. Her realization came when she saw carseats and a floor covered in crumbs and dirt. Ours is never perfect, but it's never awful either.)
She's got confidence!
We were talking about betrothing the girls to various boys at church (just joking around) and Kaitlyn declared her interest in one (we laughed at her openness). Seth pointed out that the boy likes someone else. (He is in youth.) I told her not to be discouraged... He's of course not paying attention to primary-aged girls right now. (I was going to say that the age gap would be small when they were all adults.)
Beth: "When he gets back from his mission and you're all single adults, he'll be like,..." "Who is that hot girl!?" (Kaitlyn interrupted, with confidence in her future self. I laughed in surprise at her using that phrasing as a 10 year old.)
You might be a redneck if...
We have one couch cushion (on the couch we don't like but hold on to because couches are expensive) that started smelling really really bad last week. We tried to spray fabreeze and vinegar. Nothing. So we soaked it with water, squeezed, and it's outside drying (still wet 48 hours later). The kids have continued to use the missing cushion spot (lined with pillows) as a seat. They call it "sitting in the hole". (Can anybody say redneck?) :)
That's life
Natalie walked in and heard me say to my brother, "It's the phrase we hear most in our house." Having not heard the beginning of the conversation, she jumped in and guessed, "you mean 'That's not fair'?"
We all laughed. Yep, I stand corrected; that is heard most.
My brain is not awake yet
I am struggling getting our new morning routine down. I can do afternoon, but I am just not super functional in the mornings right now. For the first two weeks, I kept leaving the neighborhood as if I were driving to the elementary school and had to redirect to get to the other interstate to go pick up Seth from seminary each morning. (If I go the wrong way it adds about 5 minutes to our drive there, which is a big deal in the morning.)
But this morning after I nearly went the wrong way (but caught myself early enough), I missed the turn to the elementary school after getting Seth (my brain was going home) and then 15 minutes later I drove right by the high school and missed it! Seth laughed at me making so many wrong turns right after each other. My brain is just on autopilot before 8am and I haven't reprogrammed it to include seminary and high school into the routine!
Mornings are a bad time to miss a turn because of all the extra rules near schools about where you can turn and which way you can turn.
We went to Goodwill with some of the girls, and on the way out, the girls walked towards the parking lot ahead of me. I thought we had parked father to the right than where they were walking, but then they walked up to a gray van ahead of us. Guess I remembered wrong? Wait, that's not our license plate. Too late! Kaitlyn had opened the door. Ha! There was a boy in there on his iPad that gave her a funny look. As she walked away embarrassed, she said dramatically, you're not going to tell anyone about this are you?? Rob replied, laughing, "I'm telling everyone!" (She would have told anyways; Kaitlyn is an open book.)
(What's funny is Alee did the same thing to an empty gray van months ago. Her realization came when she saw carseats and a floor covered in crumbs and dirt. Ours is never perfect, but it's never awful either.)
She's got confidence!
We were talking about betrothing the girls to various boys at church (just joking around) and Kaitlyn declared her interest in one (we laughed at her openness). Seth pointed out that the boy likes someone else. (He is in youth.) I told her not to be discouraged... He's of course not paying attention to primary-aged girls right now. (I was going to say that the age gap would be small when they were all adults.)
Beth: "When he gets back from his mission and you're all single adults, he'll be like,..." "Who is that hot girl!?" (Kaitlyn interrupted, with confidence in her future self. I laughed in surprise at her using that phrasing as a 10 year old.)
You might be a redneck if...
We have one couch cushion (on the couch we don't like but hold on to because couches are expensive) that started smelling really really bad last week. We tried to spray fabreeze and vinegar. Nothing. So we soaked it with water, squeezed, and it's outside drying (still wet 48 hours later). The kids have continued to use the missing cushion spot (lined with pillows) as a seat. They call it "sitting in the hole". (Can anybody say redneck?) :)
That's life
Natalie walked in and heard me say to my brother, "It's the phrase we hear most in our house." Having not heard the beginning of the conversation, she jumped in and guessed, "you mean 'That's not fair'?"
We all laughed. Yep, I stand corrected; that is heard most.
My brain is not awake yet
I am struggling getting our new morning routine down. I can do afternoon, but I am just not super functional in the mornings right now. For the first two weeks, I kept leaving the neighborhood as if I were driving to the elementary school and had to redirect to get to the other interstate to go pick up Seth from seminary each morning. (If I go the wrong way it adds about 5 minutes to our drive there, which is a big deal in the morning.)
But this morning after I nearly went the wrong way (but caught myself early enough), I missed the turn to the elementary school after getting Seth (my brain was going home) and then 15 minutes later I drove right by the high school and missed it! Seth laughed at me making so many wrong turns right after each other. My brain is just on autopilot before 8am and I haven't reprogrammed it to include seminary and high school into the routine!
Mornings are a bad time to miss a turn because of all the extra rules near schools about where you can turn and which way you can turn.





Comments
Post a Comment