First day of School - 23 August 2017
Seth stared seminary Tuesday. He attends with most of the kids from our ward, but also kids from other wards who attend the charter school/academy where it's held. Since the class has kids from 3 schools in 3 different districts, the calendar is not so simple. It was nice to have a practice day.
Rob took him to seminary on his way to work. Class starts at 6:30am. He loves it. His aunt (Rob's sister) is his teacher and she puts a lot in to making it a great spiritual and fun experience.

We (5 other kids and I) leave home about 7am and pick him up after class ends at 7:20 and begin our school drop off rounds. He's an early bird, so early morning seminary isn't hard for him. And it's on Rob's way to work and he likes going in early, so that's easy too. It's only hard for those of us at home who don't like getting up early (have to leave 30 minutes earlier this year) and those who don't like to eat on a schedule (Gideon) who are struggling a little. But we'll get into a routine.
Fortunately, the elementary girls still get free lunch this year, so lunch boxes aren't every day. (Since I'm not making 15 lunch boxes/week, I buy more $$ convenience food they can put together themselves if needed.)
First day of school
I can't believe they are in their last year of elementary school!
No, you can't be homeschooled and stay home with Gideon! Our 7th grader.
Going to pick up Seth from seminary. (Their faces show their feelings about starting school.)
Alee found one of her best friends within 2 minutes. They don't have class together, but she sees her at recess.
Ran right in and jumped into the routine like she'd never missed a day for summer break! (We get free breakfast in the classroom at our school.)
Then onto high school drop off. He was ready and confident. I was so glad.
I can't believe I have a child in high school. (Only 4 years left until he's a grown up. How did this happen so quickly?)
Fun fact: That was my brother's book bag when he was in high school about 20 years ago.
She was also confident and ready. Her schedule needed a fix, which they did at our request, but without communicating with us (other than our submitting the request), so her schedule fix actually needed another fix. She kind of flipped out and had a little drama in her day. After I took care of the drama yesterday afternoon, I took care of the schedule this morning. The guidance was slammed with schedule fixes, but hers went through easily with no wait; another prayer answered. She skipped off to class this morning (well, as much as you can skip in middle school).
And Gideon and I are left to figure out how this schedule at home without all of the other kids is going to work. He wants to be held all day (expected) and mostly by me. I do love to hold him, but maybe not ALL day.
We won't start dance until after labor day, so we have this week and next week to ease into the schedule before we are full-on school year mode!

Comments
Post a Comment