2017 - Family snapshot - January

I haven't done the casual family photos that I started in October since that first one in October! So, here is ours for January:


Wait...I've got a better one for you:



In case that wasn't clear enough for you:

I'm trying to take the pictures I wish I'd taken with the others (like a pregnant size progression). I'm not sure that's my best angle? (And I am happy at 2 months - I just forgot to smile!)

Initial reactions 
Huh? Aren't you too old? 
I wondered what was wrong with you, why you were so tired.
(tickled with joy)
I thought you were done.
That's wonderful!
Congrats.
The world needs another Bailey.
Yea!
Alee sobbed for 20 minutes! :(

Details:
Originally I was due July 22nd, but after the 12 week appointment (my first) they changed the due date to July 12th and declared me 14 weeks pregnant because of the baby's size in the initial ultrasound. To our surprise, the ultrasound technician was able to tell the baby's gender already. I didn't even know that was possible this early? (I'm not rushing out to buy any blue clothes yet, but she found it at two angles, so she was very certain.)

How are you feeling?
I've been asked that by several when they found out (besides the ones that found out because I couldn't fake 'not sick' and noticed my exhaustion and sickness). 
I started feeling sick around Thanksgiving, but it was mild. It quickly got worse in December and I was sick every day in December. I don't throw up pregnant; I just feel nauseous (and this time acid reflux - which I've never had first trimester). After a while, the two were constant companions and I really couldn't tell one sick feeling from the other. Most days it was from about lunch time on, but some days I spent most of the day between school drop off and school pick up on the couch. (And returned to the couch after school!) One day I ate a pint of jello and applesauce to keep me functional. I think I ate as many cheerios in the last month as the baby will eat in his first year. 
Unfortunately, eating made the nausea go away and as long as my foods weren't overly filling, eating also kept the acid reflux down. And it was during the holiday season when I always gain weight. I gained twice my usual holiday weight gain (and needless to say - I can't diet it off in January-March this year.)

My kids didn't find out until today, so they had no idea what was wrong with me. Kaitlyn prayed for me all month - wondered what on earth was wrong with Mom that she wasn't getting better?!

This month, I'm only sick later in the day. The nausea is gone and it's mostly just acid reflux (which seems to happen regardless of what I eat - though some things make it much worse). It usually doesn't start until about 3 or 4 and I can usually push through the sick feelings when I need to. So, I don't feel awesome, but I'm functional. We again have meals besides hot dogs, grilled cheese, and frozen foods. I've even baked bread twice (in the morning of course).


Comments