Happy Birthday - Thanksgiving
Here are the things Rob built for Alee's Birthday. (I told her I'd paint them sometime next year.)
SeeSaw and Balance BeamAlee got her presents on the morning of her birthday, but Carolyn had to wait until after supper and before the crazy of the day.
On the girls' birthday, the three youngest had Open House at dance: the one night a year they invite parents and family and friends into dance class - cameras too - and showcase what and how they are learning. But it was also the night the oldest two had their fall/winter orchestra concert. I was so sad I couldn't be in both places at once! In fact, I really needed to be in 3 places because the 3 girls are in 2 (simultaneous) dance classes, so I had to split my time between the 2 classes.
Rob and his parents and one of my brothers went to the orchestra concert. After dance, we hurried down the street and finished the concert with them (I missed Carolyn completely, but got to see all of Seth.)
I (and my brother and sister in law) went to the dance classes - and traded off so someone was in class the whole time. And my niece is in Alee/Kaitlyn's class, so my other sister in law was in there the whole time.
I made that skirt the day before the concert. Full length black skirts were not to be found that week and of course, I procrastinate shopping because I don't like to shop.
Shirt quote is from her favorite book - and it fits her well.
"I'll be in my bedroom making no noise and pretending that I don't exist."
We had Alee's birthday cake on Saturday...
which happens to be my brother's birthday, so we celebrated with him too.
One of Carolyn's presents (not from us) was a new mature looking bedroom set. (The little so blessed pillow was some she already had from a few months ago.) The girl loves throw pillows.
We went to Rob's family and did various planned and unplanned activities:
Rob's mom and sister had bought serving trays to use as divided plates. Alee had been waiting all morning since we got there to be allowed to eat those cheese puffs! They were getting a section of her tray!
Carolyn's first youth activity was combined young men and young women - a fun end of the year activity - Hungry Hungry Hippos. (We provided the scooters - and I think that might be the most fun use of them we've had yet!)
Then the Christmas season begins with performances (twins are in choir this year at school) and some decorating. This is at the Governor's Carolighting. Natalie is the black/white dress behind the Christmas tree dress girl.

The twins did all the work with Rob to fluff the branches and string the lights, so they got to help put up the star. We'll add ornaments too, but not right now.I'm excited for the Christmas season, but I'm not feeling motivated to have all my decorations up 2 days after Thanksgiving like I usually do. Taking it slowly this year.
I love the #LightTheWorld Christmas messages my church has been putting out each day. I just printed the advent calendar. Haven't decided if I'll tape it to the wall or cut them up and put them in our little countdown thing. Love the focus on being like Christ. Merry Christmas...maybe I'll post again before Christmas??








Comments
Post a Comment