First 2 weeks of summer vacation - By Carolyn

Hi! This is Carolyn. Finally it's my turn to blog!

So, second or third day into summer vacation and we are told we are going to be measuring our physical abilities (push-ups, sit-ups, etc). Which also includes a boring, sweaty walk around the neighborhood every Monday. Alee decided to be lazy and take a short cut through the grass to get to the front door so she's not in the picture. How does Seth survive wearing a hoodie in 90 degree heat?


Kaitlyn got a crystal growing kit from Cracker Barrel. It feels really smooth, like glass.


The library had a summer-reading kick-off party and we got to go inside a fire truck. Like always, my glasses have a glare on them. Aargh!


 Kaitlyn and Alee posed for a picture in the cardboard posing thingies.


That afternoon, all four girls went up to Memere's for 5 days so mom could work on scout day camp. On the first morning, Natalie helped Memere make crepes. They high-fived using their spatulas.


 We all drew on t-shirts with fabric markers. Alee and Aleeyah made one together and they each made their own.


 Kaitlyn made one that says stuff like "less talking, more reading".


 Memere had several crafts for us, too. Kaitlyn did spiral art using a neat little kit.


I chose a string art kit. I made the feather one for the Cox's and the "love" one for Memere and Grandpa.


Mom, Dad, and Seth came on the last 2 days and Seth stayed 3 more days since he didn't get to come when all four girls did. On Friday, we went to a water park called Shipwreck Cove. It's amazing!


While we were there Dad took a picture of his shadow.


Seth pretended to be asleep in the lazy river area, so I dragged him along for a little while.
(I may or may not have tried and failed to flip his float over.)
;)


 They had this cute little splash pad area mainly for little kids. Alee and Aleeyah played in that area a lot.


Squinty eyes! It was bright and sunny that day! Perfect day for swimming!


 Mother - daughter picture!


Dad and Seth stayed in shade for a pretty long time. They both get sunburned easily.


We went on a hike the next day. Seth and his hoodie were, like always, inseparable. 


The first part was easy. We played around on the rocks while mom and dad figured out details like which trail we were going on and maps.


We found this stick bug crawling around. I just had to get a picture!


There was this really cool tree along the trail. It has this hollow part that is probably some animals home.


 We found a leaf bug, too!


I found this little alcove in a tree filled with rocks. (I think the rocks are to prevent the tree from falling down.)


We saw this mini waterfall and though it was the end of the trail. I would've been really disappointed if it was!


We made it to the falls! Yay!


The first thing Seth did when we got to the falls was climb as high as he could.



Then he found a dead crayfish. (Boys!)


 After our rest at the falls, we had to trek all the way back down! It was exhausting!


 On the last day, before we left, we all went to Olive Garden. Alee wouldn't smile so dad helped her.
:)


 Two zookeepers brought some animals for a library activity and we go to pet them at the end.


Baby alligator








Snake






Natalie is growing some monarch butterflies. I can't even eat at the same table! the food at the bottom looks disgusting! (Why would anyone - even an insect - eat that?!)


We went to Riverbanks Zoo and Gardens. My friend, Annabel, came too. The zoo has changed a lot since we were there last time.



We were all envious of the bears who got to just lay down in the stream. It was really hot outside!


Kaitlyn and Natalie liked the peacock.


 

The zoo has this new splash pad area. It is really cool! (pun intended)




They also had a pretty big tree house/fort thingy. It's really fun.

 
They had these two little one-room houses. This one had "I Spy" all over the walls and the other one had chalkboard walls.

Well, I won't be the family blogger for the rest of the summer but I might help mom again later. Kaitlyn will be the blogger for the next 2 weeks.

Have a happy Summer!

Comments

kim e said…
Carolyn you are a great blogger! I loved all the Bailey family adventures so far! Can't wait to y'all have your time at the beach:) See you soon!