Piano Recital - Summer 2014

Yes! I'm finally posting the recital videos I took a month ago!

We'll start at the youngest - unedited, not pretty, just straight from ones of the kids' point and shoot cameras right to YouTube! (They are public but unlisted so they don't pop up in random searches unwanted, so you probably can't find them except from here.)

Natalie playing "The Chimes"

Kaitlyn playing "Little Bo Peep"

Carolyn playing "The Peasant Dance"

Seth playing Minuet (Bach's...in G I think?)

Most of those are straight from their lesson books (John Thompson's 1st grade or 2nd grade books for piano). The summer is only a continuation of the craziness, so I didn't have time to get fancy looking for too many new pieces. Also, pre-recorded was easier than setting a date/time for a live broadcast.

As an added bonus, though, we did try out some more duets! (That was so much more of a challenge than I had expected!)

The first is Kaitlyn and Seth playing "I Love to See the Temple"


Next up are Natalie and Carolyn playing "Every Star is Different" 
(This may be the only time they both got it right at the same time playing together!)


To finish us off, we have our most practiced musicians, Kaitlyn at the piano playing "My Country Tis of Thee" (it was around Independence day when I recorded this!) and then Seth playing the theme from Pirates on the violin.




He was very focused although he looks upset. He wasn't. :) This is probably his last violin "recital" as he is switching to cello this school year. (We've been preparing all summer with private cello lessons to catch him up to 2nd year so he can continue with his class. Fortunately, we have a friend that was willing to teach him so it didn't cost us an arm and a leg!)

I hope you enjoyed those videos and that they came through clearly for you! If you need me to email you links to each of them instead, let me know and I can do that too. I want all the grandparents, etc to hear and enjoy!

Comments

kim e said…
That just made my evening, listening to all my talented grandchildren! So glad they have such a talented Mother to teach them:)