Christmas recital 2013
For those who missed all or party of the recital - or for those who didn't know about it - or for those who thought we were so awesome they want to watch it all over.... The promised recital on YouTube.
For ease in recording, uploading, and viewing, we recorded each song separately, so you can watch in pieces or all in one sitting.
Enjoy! And Merry Christmas!
PS, I have commentary with each video but you can skip it if your attention span won't last for the videos too. You can watch them embedded here in the blog post or you can use the links and watch them directly at YouTube.
Let's begin!
Natalie - Deck the Halls
She impressed me as I choose a sing slightly above her level.
Seth - Silent Night
Song straight from his lesson book.
Carolyn - Joy to the World
She really should have practiced more, but she never been a studious piano student, but she does love learning and is a bit if a "jack of all trades, master of none". She started teaching herself the recorder this month, so that made it into a video father down in the recital.
Kaitlyn - Away in a Manger
She wanted the sing from our children's songbook, a different version of this popular song, so with a little help from scorio.com and a few edits later after I got it down to her level, she now has that version simplified.
Alee - Twinkle Twinkle Little Star
How she learned this in preschool when she wouldn't participate in any of my planned activities, I don't know. But here's my sassy little firecracker. She's signing (some signs) of this song.
Trio- Jingle Bells
Kaitlyn learned her part fast. It was easy but she had to keep the beat steady and slow enough for us to stay together. Carolyn just started the recorder this month. The guitar part was supposed to be hers, but I took it over when she decided to change to her new instrument last minute! And it became a trio.
Duet- The First Noel
Seen stared violin this year in school. So this is his progress since September. He really enjoyed it. Maybe he'll teach me someday.
O Tannenbaum
The kids take German at school and learned this song there, rob and I just added in accompaniment to round it out for the recital.
Angels We have Heard on High
And finally, we have Natalie signing. I first learned and then taught her Rudolph when we did Preschool at home years ago. So when I asked what she wanted to do for a duet or group number, she asked for a sing in sign language. We looked up the signs we didn't know and she was so cute doing them!
We hope you enjoyed all of those videos and felt the spirit of Christmas (the spirit of Christ). They are unlisted on YouTube, which means they are public but not searchable at this point, but feel free to pass on the link and share with others who would enjoy.
For ease in recording, uploading, and viewing, we recorded each song separately, so you can watch in pieces or all in one sitting.
Enjoy! And Merry Christmas!
PS, I have commentary with each video but you can skip it if your attention span won't last for the videos too. You can watch them embedded here in the blog post or you can use the links and watch them directly at YouTube.
Let's begin!
Natalie - Deck the Halls
She impressed me as I choose a sing slightly above her level.
Seth - Silent Night
Song straight from his lesson book.
Carolyn - Joy to the World
She really should have practiced more, but she never been a studious piano student, but she does love learning and is a bit if a "jack of all trades, master of none". She started teaching herself the recorder this month, so that made it into a video father down in the recital.
Kaitlyn - Away in a Manger
She wanted the sing from our children's songbook, a different version of this popular song, so with a little help from scorio.com and a few edits later after I got it down to her level, she now has that version simplified.
Alee - Twinkle Twinkle Little Star
How she learned this in preschool when she wouldn't participate in any of my planned activities, I don't know. But here's my sassy little firecracker. She's signing (some signs) of this song.
Trio- Jingle Bells
Kaitlyn learned her part fast. It was easy but she had to keep the beat steady and slow enough for us to stay together. Carolyn just started the recorder this month. The guitar part was supposed to be hers, but I took it over when she decided to change to her new instrument last minute! And it became a trio.
Duet- The First Noel
Seen stared violin this year in school. So this is his progress since September. He really enjoyed it. Maybe he'll teach me someday.
O Tannenbaum
The kids take German at school and learned this song there, rob and I just added in accompaniment to round it out for the recital.
Angels We have Heard on High
And finally, we have Natalie signing. I first learned and then taught her Rudolph when we did Preschool at home years ago. So when I asked what she wanted to do for a duet or group number, she asked for a sing in sign language. We looked up the signs we didn't know and she was so cute doing them!
We hope you enjoyed all of those videos and felt the spirit of Christmas (the spirit of Christ). They are unlisted on YouTube, which means they are public but not searchable at this point, but feel free to pass on the link and share with others who would enjoy.
Comments
Post a Comment