Great Wolf Lodge mini-vacation (June 28-29, 2013)


Rob's parents took the family (our family, his sister's family, and parents, of course) to Great Wolf Lodge back in December for a Christmas vacation.


Everyone had so much fun (except Natalie only had a taste of fun since she was in the bed sick most of the time) that she decided to go for a mini-vacation this summer.

We also had Rob's aunt & uncle and another close (like family) friends join us...very short - but we loaded up on fun every waking moment!

Lots of water time


Magiquest fun

 I had given my oldest three girls a beachy-bohemian hairstyle before we left Friday morning to last the 2 days. It got many compliments and I kept getting asked "Where did you have that done?" :)

 Rob and I tried almost every water slide (I think) and so did Bethany and Caleb

The indoor waterpark had tons of little things the kids enjoyed

And we loved watching them

That is harder than it looks!

I was impressed with the kids
 (I had to go across on my butt because after the first 'log' I couldn't get back up! haha)


wild fearless woman! She took ALL of the attention of whoever's turn it was with her

The famous Aleeyah point

Carolyn loved her adopted cousins

look at that form

High Five!

I love the candlepin bowling ball - light enough even for Alee and Natalie

oh yeah...strike!

Contemplative...thoughtful aiming

Arcades are not my favorite, but this one is pretty condensed so I don't fear losing a child in all the noise and lights and action  - Alee even branched out beyond the pink car this time (which she even wanted to move this time for her ride)


The tickets came rolling in...



And added up so that each child got over 600 tickets to spend at the end.

Our girls and their glittery and stuffed prizes...

Yeah, these aren't in order - back to the water!

The only slide Seth got up enough nerve to try of the big water slides
(my cautious, not-thrill seeking child)

There's my thrill-seeker (taking a break in the toddler pool) - she has tried every slide there that I tried.
Although once on the tornado last time was enough - she didn't need to try that one again!

Kaitlyn also tried many of the slides (not the tornado) and loved them too...




I handed the camera to Seth to prove I was there and did something besides take pictures...

My goal was to get that post done in 25 minutes or less so I could get to other things during quiet time today....
DONE!
(Nothing fancy, but you see the pictures, read the log, and now...goodbye)




This week ....
We're taking it easy - having a "no friends, no planned activities" kind of week.
(Some of our friends 'shared' with us and we had to treat some hair and wash everything in the house, so I'm too tired for activities...but we're bug free and staying away from everyone to keep it that way!)

Comments