Dying eggs...2 weeks and 4 days after Easter

Life was crazy this year with our house projects, so I put off some non-necessary traditions (the fluff - like dying eggs) - and I said I'd do them later. And we did. at least that one. I won't pack up the plastic eggs until I have hidden them outside for an egg hunt.

Seth helped me boil the eggs - then ate one, then went next door to play with a friend - so much for family activity!

our blank canvas

Mixing the dye - vinegar, food coloring, and boiling water - that was so easy!

I noticed on the food coloring box last time I bought some it had egg dying instructions - how had I never noticed that? Forget those little tablets they sell around Easter. This is easier and more 'real'. And we can make different color combinations than the standard tablet options.


And we like to measure, mix, and pour




Turns out markers, like crayons will keep the dye from coloring a part of the egg, but (being washable) it doesn't really stay like crayons do. Once put back in the dye for the next color, it washes off.





I don't know what this message means? :)





We did this activity on a school half day, so Alee was napping during this activity (thank goodness), so we made sure to label some for her.

(with glasses                                              and                               without glasses)





oops - one cracked. (but it's ok - someone can eat that one now)

Breakfast tomorrow....
(really - several of my kids loved boiled eggs - at least the white part)

Comments

Brittany said…
You're on a blogging roll lately! I love reading about all the fun things ya'll do :)

I was tempted to try dyeing Easter eggs with Thomas this year, but I think we'll wait until next year to start that.

I love Carolyn's glasses! I think life in general is expensive...there's always something to pay for. We're about to spend our tax return on cavity fillings :(