Bailey Family Reunion

We rarely see ALL the Baileys. We see Bob and Julie (my in-laws) about twice a year. We see his brother's family and his grandparents less, and the cousins, aunts, and uncles...well, I've only seen them once or twice!


In October, Rob's (Bailey) grandparents celebrated their 55th wedding anniversary. But it wasn't a BIG celebration...until March...

 The last time was 5 years ago when Meme and Pepe Bailey celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary.


So, Julie (and Bob) -  planned this reunion - (they had the organizational planning down to a science) -  It was to celebrate the 55th anniversary of Meme and Pepe...and everything else that's happened in the family lately.


And I got to "re-meet" all of Rob's cousins and uncles/aunts. I really enjoy the Bailey's - they're welcoming people that make you feel comfortable and at home even if you've only met them twice.


 Most of my kids each made friends quickly - Carolyn made friends in about 2 minutes.

Both Seth and Carolyn were several years off in age from the cousin (or 2nd cousin) they played the most with - but age didn't seem to matter - they played like they already knew each other.

 Everyone talked, and played, and it was really a lot of fun.


 We won't see Rob's brother's family (Josh, Rachel & kids)  for a while (isn't our niece cute?) :) - Josh's job will be taking him international for a while .


It was a jam-packed weekend, but it was so fun...

And we took nearly a week to recover from that weekend trip to Tennessee 
- so fun, but driving that far in one weekend with kids makes you tired. :)

(Pictured in this post, besides our little Bailey family - Julie, Meme, Pepe, Jonathan, Isaac, Ruth, Elizabeth, Jim, Bill, Bob, Caleb, Abigail, Isabel - I think I got everyone and I think I spelled the names right*)

*correct me if I didn't!

Comments