"Aaron's Garden" 2013
The very next weekend after spring break, we went upstate to celebrate Grandpa's birthday and for our annual garden day with Memere/Grandpa.
I'm not really good with growing things (other than children), so I have found my place is behind the camera - although this year I COULD tell between the weeds and the plants (in previous years I have tried to evict perennials from the garden - those are the ones that come back, right? - thinking they were weeds leftover from the winter).
Rob pretty much knows what to do with the plants, (and his brother in law Caleb seemed to know what to do too) Carolyn LOVES the entire process, and Kaitlyn is terrified there might be something alive in the dirt. (Can you blame her? my little clean hand princess) :)
Rob's sister and her family were there too since they have moved down to SC, so there was plenty of family time...and water time...and no one turns that down! :)
Alee is thinking of being ok with having a younger cousin to tolerate.

I'm not really good with growing things (other than children), so I have found my place is behind the camera - although this year I COULD tell between the weeds and the plants (in previous years I have tried to evict perennials from the garden - those are the ones that come back, right? - thinking they were weeds leftover from the winter).
Rob pretty much knows what to do with the plants, (and his brother in law Caleb seemed to know what to do too) Carolyn LOVES the entire process, and Kaitlyn is terrified there might be something alive in the dirt. (Can you blame her? my little clean hand princess) :)
Alee is thinking of being ok with having a younger cousin to tolerate.

We finished off the day with a dutch oven meal cooked by Bethany - lasagna with pull apart garlic bread and apple cobbler for dessert - (who knew you could cook lasagna and garlic bread outside!?)...and it was all really good.





Comments
Post a Comment