Last Year's Preschool - a few activities and ideas

Here are the few papers I found when I cleaned out my preschool notebook from last year - one week we talked about maps / directions / related things...

So, we drew a map of their bedroom (one twin refused to draw for fear it might not be perfect, so I had to draw hers before the meltdown started and she just colored). The other did her own.


I printed a map of the neighborhood and we marked on it how to get from home to school and (of course), walked the route to pick up older siblings.


One week we talked about Teeth and dental stuff, so we counted teeth (of those that were home) and graphed it.




We also graphed other things when we talked about fall and leaves, etc. (This one is upside down, but I'm too lazy to flip it around.) We collected leaves and then graphed how many of each shape. (I made the graph  in publisher based on the leaves I knew we had/were able to collect in our yard.)


Same idea as the last, but after they sorted by shape and graphed, we sorted by color and graphed - and we had to paint them because 4 year old girls aren't as interested in 30 brown leaves as they are in multi colored ones (real fall colors are pretty, but our yard doesn't have much variety...in fact, we are lucky we have leaves at all for all the stupid pinetrees/straw)...and because it was an excuse to use paint.


I have no idea where the rest of the preschool papers are, but I only had fall ones saved in that notebook. I think in October, we joined a ready-by-five program up at the kids' school and I put any home-done papers in school-given folders instead of my own...and we did fewer sheets and more games/play. Too bad I didn't document everything we did. (I do have the original spread sheet of plans to choose from each week.)

Comments

Brittany said…
I can tell you're a math major ;) Do you have any 1-year-old activity ideas?