February 2012: Birthday party 1 and playroom

The snowman ballerina party
See January post for invitation explaining the theme.


My best ice cream cake ever (noted a few more improvements for next time).

The old sewing desk (it worked for a while, and it's good quality, but for most of my projects I needed an additional table - yes, beyond this monstrously sized one)

New IKEA combination - more efficient storage and better open working room when I need it - and hot pink chair - love it! (and so does my 7 year old jealous pink-loving daughter) :)

The newly organized playroom - the play house area - kitchen, crib, table, art wall

Love IKEA - cubbies - 25 of them - for all the various bins and boxes - 
and the kids can clean up so much more easily now  
(they still have to be told to clean up and threatened with extra chores to get it done) 

Finally pulled out all the cd's and found space for that big horse they love and the riding toy that always seem to be in tripping positions when I come through with a basket of laundry!

And lastly - our toy-free zone - no toys on the floor should go beyond the blue line...or they risk being stepped on and broken by mom and a basket of laundry - or Uncle Will on the way to the shower with dead-eye.
The mess on one side -------------no mess on the other side
 Again - I love painter's tape. And speaking of love...I'd better go get on dinner - it'll all be heart-shaped.

Comments

kim e said…
Love love the pink sewing Chair!! I might have to get me one of those. The play room is beginning to look like a school class room:) The storage bins are the best! Looks great!!!