Alee - growing up
"Addee is two." This is what she will say about 50% of the time when you ask her how old she is. (The other 50% of the time she'll say "blue", which I assume must be her favorite color.)
She has grown up so much in the last few months since she has turned 2. She loves to talk on the phone, and most of her speech, although it takes a little translation, is in complete sentences and phrases these days. I can hardly say 'no' to her full-sentence requests.
This afternoon I was cleaning up the mess I neglected to clean this morning (gym, library, the usual), and found her suitcase she'd been hauling around since yesterday afternoon. When I picked it up, I realized it wasn't empty, and opened it to see what toys she probably crammed in there. I was wrong....She's ready to go somewhere!Either she's jealous of her cousin who went to visit Grammy this week - or she's itching to go see Memere (whom she regularly requests to call on the phone). Either way, she's ready to go.
My favorite part of this week though, is Natalie requested I read some random potty training book she picked out at the library (she said it would help Alee...who is not even potty training until after spring break)...then, for the past day or so since then, Alee keeps telling me "I need to go pee" or "I need to go potty"...she doesn't (usually she's already wet), but I'm glad the interest is back - maybe Natalie was right? :)
I'm still waiting til after spring break, I think.
Comments
Post a Comment