Dress up for School

In response to some odd outfits…let me explain…I do attempt to encourage matching clothes, weather appropriate outfits, and outfits that will not bring embarrassment upon my children from scrapbook viewings with future spouses one day….however, I don’t MAKE any of my artistically gifted children (I mean Carolyn) change clothes…well except for 10% of the time when I just have to insist…and sometimes we have a reason for our crazy clothes!

Carolyn’s birthday was also Dress up as your favorite character day at Kindergarten…she chose Trixie, the little girl from the Knuffle Bunny Series by Mo Willems (she chose the 2nd book in the series for her outfit inspiration). How’d we do?


Comments

Jean said…
WOW....you did great...she looks just like the picture!!! I bet she had a grand time as well!!! Love it!
Amanda said…
LOVE it! I haven't read those books. . are they good? Cute outfit! (Well, it's mismatching, but it matches the Trixie character VERY well. :)
They are - at least they are a favorite of the kids - we only have the one shown, but I'm thinking of getting the twins Knuffle Bunny and Knuffle Bunny Free for their birthday in January - 'Too' is my favorite of the series.
kim e said…
I love that she is creative. Her outfit makes sense now that you explained her mismatch. I will have to read the book with them when I come.