Selling a house is not fun.

I am so ready for this to be over and so glad it might almost be!
We "almost" have something means we have a buyer that wants it, just have to pass through all the paperwork for the next few weeks to make it official, and hope everything goes like expected.

The buyers are taking their time getting back to us on the final papers to put us/them under contract, so the chosen closing date may leave us "homeless" for a week or two! (It'll take time for whatever we pick to have arrangements made.) Mom has offered temporary residence at their place at the beach.

I had a bunch more written in griping, but I suppose I should be more positive, so I deleted it.

Yes, yes, I know it's a blessing that we got an offer as soon as we did, and I'm grateful, but it's still feels like a lot longer - cleaning up all the time (with 4 little kids and frequent back aches).

Comments

Libbi said…
as long as it's after 8/18, you can certainly live with us...not the beach but we have a pool and it's a lot closer to work and school!! We would love it!
Sometimes its just necessary for us throw mounds of feces into a bucket and then hold hands as we jump together into the smelly heap.
I noticed - you have the weirdest way of trying to make people feel better! (to Jared)
Thanks Libbi - I thought about asking, but I wasn't sure if that would stress you since we are supposed to close on the 26th - only a week after you move in! (everything stresses me right now...pregnancy i guess?)
Have you ever thought of renting you house back after you close? I have heard of several people that have done that. Maybe ask your realtor about it. It is too long to example. Also it would save you from moving your stuff twice! Hang in there Beth! I am excited to see you in a few weeks!
Amanda said…
Remind me where/why you're moving? I know you emailed me awhile back but I forgot. Good luck with all of that. Moving/packing up 4 kids while pregnant. . .what a woman!
kim e said…
Glad you are on the downside of getting things back to normal! Hang in there, it will all be worth it.