New Meal Policy

I'm not sure how this will work or how long it will last, but I am TIRED of fixing 5 different meals for breakfast and lunch! Then, the twins want what everyone else has, so they end up with about 3 lunches, and eat none of it!

We will have a menu ALL day - not just for dinner. (The idea came from when I was a teenager, Mom had a 'menu' for what we ate for breakfast each day of the week.)

BREAKFAST

LUNCH


Sunday is a question b/c I can't decide what I can serve that Natalie can't turn into confetti 20 minutes before we leave for church!
(I'm a picky eater, so I don't really 'make' my kids eat anything. They have to try it, but if they don't like it, they can get something else...by themselves or I'll get it when I finish my meal.) So the alternate lunch option is whatever leftovers they can find in the fridge. Everyone likes all the breakfast options.

Mmm...making these cute little non-reader friendly menus has made me hungry - I'm ready for lunch!

Comments

Jean said…
I can still see your mom's menu options on the back of the cabinet door. I always thought that was so clever and I love your pictures...I hope it works out for you! You are such a great mom!
Emily said…
Molly also likes to eat when anyone else is eating. I'll feed her lunch and then if I go to my friends house she eats lunch there. Even if she is the only one eating. But Molly actually eats. She is not a picky eater I don't know where I got her from. Jackson on the other hand would be happy eating oatmeal, yogurt and pears all day long.
That's actually where I put mine too! on the back of a cabinet door. :) I like mom's ideas...maybe my kids will think I came up with cool ideas (when really it was Grammy). I only wish she had twins so that I could steal some ideas for dealing with twins from her! (They are the ones that needed the meal plan - Seth is happy having the same thing for breakfast and lunch every single day!)
LaNelle said…
you are hilarious! And what is even more funny is that Steven and I sat down and made a menu for our last two weeks in Utah before our trip to SC. It makes grocery shopping so much easier. Good luck! (oh and I can also picture your mom's menu on the back of the cabinet door in your little Hartsville house! hehe)
kim e said…
Glad to know some traditions were worth passing on to the next generation!
jacob said…
you've pulled a kim! the ol menu. well, i'm speechless.