Christmas Newsletters

I made three different Christmas newsletters for an Enrichment thing before Thanksgiving, so I used all three this year, and sent one to each person on our list. (If you weren't on the list, it's b/c you didn't send me your address!)  So, for those who didn't get one, or for those who were jealous of a different newsletter, here's all three. You'll probably have to click the crossword and open it up in a new window to make it big enough to read (or I can send you the file if you want). The crossword and "I spy" versions got the collage picture (which walmart cropped wrong), and the poem had a bunch of little pictures in black/white all along the sides, but I didn't feel like turing the publisher doc into a jpg, so you just get the poem on here.  
(I'll post florida pictures, etc. later...when I'm finish finding places for all the new toys!)

THE CROSSWORD



THE COLLAGE

THE POEM
Gave some hugs
Got in trouble
Baked some cookies
Splashed in puddles

Sang kid songs
Had many laughs
Made some messes
Took many baths

Shaved some hair
Then grew it back
Bought a car
A duck says “quack”!

Talked a lot
Had some fun
Worked on projects
Got stuff done

Sewed some bags
And painted walls
Rearranged and
Had some falls

Took some photos
Learned new things
Started school and
Put on wings

Made some visits
Saw the beach
Read some books
Cleaned with bleach

Learned some lessons
Life was great
Merry Christmas
2008

 I SPY


Find the bold objects from the newsletter below in the picture.
 Kaitlyn and Natalie are the mess you would expect 1 year old twins to be, but they are so cute and learning so quickly!
Find: books, box of wipes, sippy cup, pacifier, penguin, blocks,  (2) dress up shoes, and (1) real shoe.

Carolyn finally learned to use the potty this year (one rock per success), and she loves kitties, crafts,  and
girliness.
Find: rock, toilet paper, scissors, tape, pony, tiara, a tube of hair glitter.

Seth learned to read, started school, got his own room (dinosaurs everywhere!), continues to sing all the time, and seems so grown up this year! 
Find: (2) dinosaurs, lunchbox, pencil sharpener,
maraca

Rob and I stay busy (either through ‘busy-ness’ assigned to us, or ‘busy-ness’ created by us!), but we still make time for each other and ourselves.
Find: pin cushion, measuring tape, scrapbook, pen, cherry tomato, flower, tape measure, “Preach my gospel” manual, cell phone, seashell.

Comments

Emily said…
It was such a cute idea. I just figured Celeste got the I spy because Marissa was old enough to play it.
kim e said…
Hurry and find room for the toys so I can see the Christmas pictures!
Orr Family said…
We seriously loved our card! Hayden had so much fun finding everything! Such a cute Idea! And you asked how I had time for my cards, you made three different ones!! Very cute!
Jonathan said…
With a little help from my brother, Jonathan, and my husband, Monte, we figured out the entire crossword puzzle (with the exception of the four letter word for your sewing project this year...Jonathan said to tell you that _A_S could be anything. Hats, Cats, Bats, Rats, Pals, Cars, Wars...ect. But Monte said that we should just fill it in with PASS and move on. Maybe we got the other words wrong...there was no answer key.)

Thanks for the puzzle. We had fun. :)
BlueAdagio said…
Umm...that last comment was from me. Somehow Jonathan hijacked my entire computer while he was visiting. I keep finding his name popping up in places. haha
Libbi said…
We loved I Spy...and I am excited to do the crossword...you continue to AMAZE me...and thanks for the tip about Space Bags...they saved our Rexburg bound kids!!