Drama of the Week
Tuesday afternoon (election day), I was trying to do a craft with the big kids (babies were napping). A "family project" Seth brought home from school. I was packing up the craft doodads we didn't need, and Seth said something to me. I looked over and this is what I see (not the blueness and swelling - the picture was taken about an hour after it got stuck):

He can't get the thing off. (I tried cooking oil, soap, and icing his finger.) No luck.
He can't get the thing off. (I tried cooking oil, soap, and icing his finger.) No luck.
- Called my mom. Mom suggested the above attempts.
- Called Rob. Rob says, "use my chisel and hammer". Tried. Couldn't get a good aim at the thing without aiming at his finger!
- So, "Momma called the doctor and the doctor said..." bring him in.
The nurse wanted me to bring him in right away (like his finger would fall off if I didn't?) I said, when the babies wake up I'll bring him in. I'm sure she thought I was a weirdo for not freaking out. He could wait.
Then I took the above picture and emailed it to a few that I thought might have an idea (to save me the copay of taking him in). Rob IM'ed me - coming home. What's the doctor going to do??
So, while he wiggled his finger to keep it awake (since it was starting to turn colors), I kept him from crying by continuing with the craft (distraction is one of the best medicines for kids!)
Rob got home, got the chisel and hammer, and 30 seconds later:
I helped hold the hand upright against the work bench edge to keep the fingers free of the tools. (I guess that would make me the assistant nurse) :) (and obviously he didn't aim at the finger)
Seth's thoughts on the situation: I'm so glad my finger is free.
(Me too...NOW DON'T DO THAT AGAIN!)
Comments
I told Rob he had 5 minutes to try then I was taking him in. :)
Post a Comment