Birthday Party (Dinosaur party, kitty party)

This is quite impressive for me...streamers aren't my thing - where's mom when you need her? oops, one fell.

I was going to post lots of pictures of the party, ....but I was too busy handling all the kids and I had Rob cooking or entertaining Carolyn and her friend, so I have very few pictures!
Here are the cakes. (Cakes are homemade, frosting is bought -except the white - Rob made buttercream homemade frosting for me to write with)
Didn't notice the cat's whiskers weren't symmetrical - I was doodling that while the guests were arriving! Ugh, that's going to bug me in the scrapbook.


Yes, I washed every piece on that cake before putting it on!

We played zingo (bingo), musical chairs, dinosaur stomp (try to pop each other's balloon tied to the ankle and protect your own...that would have been a cute picture, oh well), and a treasure hunt (12 clues - mostly dinosaur and some kitty, although Carolyn and her friend had no interest in participating).
I'm not sure why Carolyn wants a party when she's not a crowd type of person. (Next year, I'm just going to get together with a friend or two and we'll all go to McDonald's for lunch and call it her party b/c she didn't really care for anything we did and got her feelings hurt when she wasn't the winner (even on non-competitive games!)
The 'party favor' was found at the end of the treasure hunt.

Dinosaur eggs filled with treats- which they got to decorate with mess (I should have taken a post-party mess picture!)
(The eggs were the only 'elaborate' thing I did. And the clues took some time to write...I think I'll post them - on my other site - did I mention I have another blog? I'll give it it's own post later.)
Seth had 2 friends from school and 2 friends from church. They were cute and all seemed to have fun. He loved everything he got. And was polite and gracious. I was proud of him. Carolyn even was gracious and polite (she should have been after begging to open presents for the first hour!)
After the guests left, Rob and I hurried to clean the place back to a reasonable level before Jared and Kristen arrived to visit. Kristen had her niece with her (5), and I think Carolyn had more fun playing with her than at the party. (She did insist on them playing her new memory games she got.) So, we sent her home with an extra party favor.

Comments

kim e said…
Cool cakes. Don't let the Math major coming out in you! The kitty looked just fine. I am sure the 4 year olds didn't take notice.
Libbi said…
I think the whiskers look better that way than perfectly symmetrical (a little OCD, Beth???)The cakes were awesome and I have a partier just like Carolyn at my house and her initials are SBS...