Halloween!

I finally got all the costumes finished in time (our ward party was Saturday night and we went to Rob's parents' Thursday night through Saturday for a "birthday project" for his mom's birthday - so they had to be done early...check Rob's blog later for the birthday project).

So here, they are (not really in order):
Natalie, my little penguin. (Anytime she heard someone talking about her costume, she started, "penga, pinga".) That's her favorite animal right now. Her costume was my favorite to make.

Carolyn the cat. (Whiskers would have been cute, but I don't do face paint...) Hers was mostly bought, except for the ears...she had some, but the headband broke. I said, bring them to me so I can fix them. "But I threw them in the trash." But I pulled them out twice - what did you do with them? "I put them in the trash." GRRRR - (so, that was a last minute before-we-walked-out-the-door-Thursday kind of project.) and it's not a headband, so she can't break it.
(oh, she took the leapard print bedroom shoes off to go outside.) :)
This was my most challenging costume b/c I made up the whole thing with ideas found online (mostly pictures). Hoo Hoo! (she didn't keep the hood on - oh well).

And lastly, presenting....
The bat!
(I copied these directions off the internet - except for the hat - I like to use toboggans for his "ears" for costumes...headbands on boys...that's weird.)

Aren't they cute? (And we don't have costumes - it took me the full two weeks I allotted myself for these four - next year I'll make ours in July since we can maintain the same opinion for more than two weeks!)

Comments

I love all the costumes! You are amazing!
Love the costumes! You kids are all animals!
LaNelle said…
You are so creative! I love all of the costumes!
Unknown said…
sister bailey stikes again with the crafty stuff! hey it looks like you are hanging in there, and the family is doing great! happy Halloween!
Jean said…
All of the costumes are adorable! I love the owl...very creative! I bet your kids won best costumes..or I think they should have...hahaha! Good job! Emily is going to our party on Friday night with her "head in the clouds"...it was a cheap easy costume...a white baseball hat and some white batting to make the clouds...that's what I do...hahaha! Lauren is making her own and Michael is a pirate! I am trying to convince Jeff to go as E-Mail (a big E on his front shirt and he is a male) and I will put a big paperclip on my shirt and go as his attachment...get it? Okay, I know...stupid but I am not creative! I hope your party was fun!
Libbi said…
LOVE the costume! You remind me of your mom..she always made y'alls andmy kids were whatever y'all had been the year before for a long time!!! hahaha!
Andrew stole the email idea from Aunt jean and he was a big hit at the YSA conference!
Libbi said…
oh and seriously, Carolyn is gorgeous and with her spicy attitude which I love, she is going to be such a fun fun teenager (well, fun for us, not fun for you!!!!)
Christi said…
I'm so incredibly busy that I don't have time to read everything. But I did look at the pics and saw the sentence where you said you made the costumes. Just wanted to say I am VERY impressed!