What kind of cat are you?
Carolyn is not a music fan. She used to tell us all the time in the van, "Turn that music off!" She barely likes the princess cd she got last year for her birthday (before I learned of her hatred towards music). However, since July 23rd of this year, that has all changed. Why? you ask? Because of this man's songs:

Who is this guy with a 'mess' of instruments? BILLY JONAS!
We've been the past two summers to see him as part of the library's summer reading program. I had just as much fun as Seth did (Carolyn hates music, remember? and loud noises, and crowds, and leaving the house....yeah, she was grumpy that day - what's new?).
Last year, I wished I had bought a cd, so this year I bought one - "What kind of cat are you?" is the name of it, and the first song on the cd. The kids wanted to listen to it immediately (yes, right after we already listened to him sing for an hour!) Carolyn wanted to listen too! And she didn't ask me to turn it off! and she asked for it again and again everytime we got into the van! She loves it and she loves the songs. Now, we've been listening to this cd over and over for the past month and a half and the twins start yelling "cat! cat!" when the first song (What kind of cat are you?) comes on. And Natalie sometimes will "sing" something that sounds like "Tongoooooooo...." (the second song, Tongo) wanting me to turn it on!
Another cool thing for all the 'save the earth' readers....he takes things he finds that no one is using and 'rigs' them into instruments! So, now the kids want me to turn cans and milk jugs into instruments (rice and dried beans do sound pretty cool in a tin can by the way). :) So, we've gained a love for music and instruments and recycling...how cool is that?
Here's a video from the show:
__________________________________________________________
100th BLOG:
By the way, this is my 100th post (which Rob says is a big deal and I should do a 'looking back' post of the past year, which is about how long it took me to do 100 posts). I might later...
Comments
Post a Comment