We Love Books
Let me preface this by saying, I have not really liked reading since I was in jr. high and reading became "not fun" anymore (that was when teachers started decided what I read during the school year and summertime and usually picked reading material that was depressing, inappropriate, or boring). However, I still have a love for libraries and books...just not long novels (literature teachers ruined that - I hope they're happy!) lol Regardless...
I'm glad they finally like them (love them) b/c we have about 40 board books...actually probably 50!
I have always loved taking the kids to the library.
I started taking Seth when he was about 15 months old. I would walk UPhill BOTH ways (just kidding - we lived a mile away - up a mile to it, then down home). Now we drive. After the twins were born, it was the first place I started taking the kids regularly again. We went almost weekly. So, I guess it should come as no surprise that my kids LOVE books.
The twins just haven't been able to sit still like Seth could (or even Carolyn, whose attention span is only slightly longer than my mom's) - inside joke. But within the past month, they have gone from eating books to 'eating up' books! They will bring us 3-4 at a time and as soon as we're done, they go get more! It's the only thing they can sit still for!
Over the weekend, bedtime came and Rob said to me, "You're reading bedtime books! all I've done today is read books!" Even funnier is they INSIST on taking a book to bed. I thought it was cute, so here is a picture of them doing a little 'light reading' as Rob called it before bed and then a video of me reading to them.
Kaitlyn tends to bring me Dr. Seuss's ABC (an amazing alphabet book) <--that's what the book says, not me. Natalie's not as regular - she likes Goodnight Moon and Baa! I'm a sheep, but brings different books all the time.
I have so many kid favorite books, I don't know if I could pick one, but Goodnight Moon is definitely high on my list. What's your favorite kid book? I should go back to posting the "Bailey book award of the week" (for our most loved or most requested library book for the week).
Comments
What a cute video! Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment