I love Fall & Family



We have had "fall" weather for the past few days. Rob just informed me today that fall officially began (I think) at 11:44 am? today.  Fall is my FAVORITE season!

This picture is one I took while we were driving up the interstate to Ohio at the end of October last year. Aren't the colors beautiful?

Some reasons I love fall, in no particular order: (some of these are childhood memories)
  1. Carolina football games with Dad and my friend Haley (sp?)
  2. SC State Fair
  3. School Starting (yes, I have always like starting...it's the projects 2 weeks later I didn't like)
  4. the cool weather after the oppressive summer
  5. My first 2 children were born in the fall (and the most "fun" part of my twin pregnancy was during the fall - that would be the part when everyone knew I was pregnant but I wasn't too fat to get off the bed without ROLLING off the bed!)
  6. Thanksgiving at MaMa's
  7. It's my most productive "project season"
  8. Halloween
  9. Apple Desserts
  10. The season Rob and I were engaged and I had bridal showers and my first time through the temple
  11. and more recently, the Primary Program is in the fall (when all the children in the "primary program" at church give a presentation about what they've learned throughout the year, based on the theme. This year's was "I am a child of God." I will post the kids saying their parts later for those unable to attend.

These are the kids Sunday morning before the primary program (Mom took this picture).
SUNDAY CLOTHES
My mom came Friday night to spend the weekend with us.
GRAMMY
Then, Rob's parents came Saturday night.
MEMEREMy mom brought LOTS of seashells, thanks to some storms near the SC coast and a newfound hobby! After some were put into glass jars for decoration the others were painted. (Grammy's idea...Mommy doesn't paint with babies anymore!)
PAINTING SEASHELLS


Natalie didn't want to participate and wanted to eat instead (wow - great!)
And some dinosaurs for Seth... (the girls did get 'prizes', I just didn't take pictures of them b/c they weren't lining them up and counting them in a parade like Seth did). Now with the Build-a-bear (build-a-dino?) one from Aunt Bethany and the others from Mom, he's got like 7! (not all pictured)
My sister-in-law had to be in her ward for their primary program, but she and my brother did come to visit over the weekend, which we always enjoy. She and Kaitlyn had fun playing:

Kaitlyn thought hanging the seashell on her nose was funny and kept doing it over and over again (with help).
Kristen made a pouty face when Kaitlyn wouldn't hug her, so Kaitlyn copied the fake pouty face back (and of course, did it over and over again when we laughed).

We love to hear Jared (my brother) play the uke, so while he was over, he started playing a cute little song, and all four kids gravitated over towards him...a little audience. :)

 



And this is me....BLOGGIN WITH HELP (at least for the picture uploads). 
Rob's helped with them since he's been home, so this was temporary. They are like the opposite of help! 
(Kaitlyn does have something on. She said she needed to peepee, which requires COMPLETE clothing removal, so she's wearing just some training pants. No, she never did do anything - nothing in the potty, nothing on the floor.)

"Seashell" is the newest vocabulary word for the twins!
Stay posted for primary parts videos...

Comments

Amanda said…
cute pictures! you have such cute kids beth!
Jean said…
Glad the primary program went well...Kim said it was cute and your ward has tons of kids! Your kids will have lots of friends...that's great...my kids have never had a lot to choose from (sometimes none!)! The pictures of the kids were so cute! they are all adorable!
I love thanksgiving at Grandmas too! I wish we still had that tradition going! I also love the fall too! Our primary program isn't until Nov.
Libbi said…
They are absolutely adorable!! Ours is in November. I love the pouty face!!!!! I bet you see that again! They are precious!