Why I Love Having Twins

Ok, yes I know you've probably heard me say something like, "have them one at a time!" or "I hope I never have twins again" - b/c they are such a challenge (which is probably what I needed b/c I honestly thought going from 2 to 3 wasn't going to be so bad even though everyone else told me it was a challenge...guess the Lord "blessed" me to teach me - haha). So, in contrast to my usual recommendation to have your children one at a time, this is a post dedicated to the wonderful blessing it is to have twins! So here are a dozen reasons TWINS ARE GREAT...

1. I love to watch them play together.
2. I love to see them get each other's sippy cup from the fridge when they get their own.
3. I love that when one climbs up on my lap to read, the other wants a spot too!
4. I love to watch them hug each other. (I was hoping for a picture of this because they've been doing it a lot, but when I tried to get them to do it, Natalie refused - go figure!)
5. I love watching two children born at the same time to the same family develop completely different personalities.
6. I love that they always have each other for new experiences (going to nursery, going down for a nap, getting shots...ok, maybe I don't love that one so much!)
7. I love watching them copy each other when they're doing good.
8. I love that I'm getting the 'hard parts' for two children done at about the same time (like the constraint of a nap schedule or potty training).
9. I love to watch people's reaction when I do something that seems so everyday to me, but that seems so 'supermom' to them.
10. I love to hear them call each other's name.
11. I love to see them worry about the other crying.
12. I love to hear the little chorus when they get each other laughing - esp. at the end of naptime in their cribs.

Seth asked last week while we were at walmart (right after someone made the comment "You've got your hands full!"), "Why do people always say that when we're out?"
BECAUSE I DO! (But full hands are happy hands...most of the time.)

Comments

kim e said…
I love twins. I have had so much fun watching them grow. I have got to see you be super Mom and I, like you, love the part that they always have someone to hang out with for the good and the bad times. I miss them!
I cant wait to see the twin moments, thats the kind of stuff I thought of the whole time Rachel was prenant.
-Devin
Jean said…
I think all the things you wrote were so sweet and the fact that they have you as their mom is even better! You are blessed with them and they are blessed with you and you are all blessed to have Seth and Carolyn!
What a great entry! Number five is my favorite. I'm always amazed at how different kids in the same family can be. People say the "You've got your hands full!" to me all the time, too. I always think it's kind of interesting that they say that.
Orr Family said…
I always get they your hands are full too! Just wait until I have 6,7,8 little ones following me every where! Man Newborns make you want tons more babies! I have always wondered about your delivery! How different was it having two? If you do not want to blog it, email me the story! Oh, and I so miss Doctor Hanna! I also guess that now that they are more independent and less work it is more fun too! They are so sweet to each other!!