So my 'supermom' powers wore off between Thursday and Friday - by that time, I was out of energy, patience, yeah, all that - after I almost had a meltdown, I decided it was time for a nap. So, after a nice segmented nap Friday afternoon (that's a nap when someone comes in to aggravate you with some unimportant information every 15 minutes when you really just wish they'd leave you alone!), I was ready to finish what we'd started the week before.
At the close of Saturday, the rooms were officially changed. For more information on how I completely wore Rob out, and to see pictures instead of videos, you can read his blog and comment to him on his site.
So, here is "the green room" before (we call them by their paint color since the purpose of rooms around here changes more than the wall color).
It was originally, "the baby room"
... and is now "Seth's room" (or the boy(s) room, but we only have one boy, so why bother with that name?) If I ever get up the courage to have another one, I hope it's a boy!
Next, we have the "yellow room" before, which was originally "the big kids' room":
...and now it's "The Girls' Room".
Carolyn, all week after I moved the beds, called them "Seth's room" and "The babies' room" so it was like she didn't have a room, which bothered my mom to think that Carolyn didn't think she had a room. Carolyn didn't care that she was sleeping in "Seth's room" all week. What 'bothered' her was that she didn't want to sleep in the 'dark' bed when it arrived Saturday morning. She wanted her 'little light bed' - the bed Jacob's been storing for us is stained darker . The bottom bunk, where she'd been sleeping, has polycryllic as a finish so that the natural wood color shows through, and it's really low to the ground, which was nice when she was first learning to sleep in a bed. She cried and whined every time she saw her 'new' bed, but when 8 came around, she came to me, and said, "I'm tired. I want to go to sleep in my bed in the girls room." and she did.
The babies really want to be on her bed! Natalie tried to climb up on there for naptime today (Tuesday). (I don't think so!) Oh, other changes we didn't get to or that they aren't ready for yet, but soon to come:
- Toddler beds for the twins (I have the quilt tops made)
- Wooden Letters (C, K, N) painted and decorated to go above each bed
- Some wall art framed
- and a cute idea I saw on tv that I want to try - a line strung across a wall with little clips on it for hanging pictures (like kids' art) - for both rooms
Comments
Post a Comment