How to prepare your child for kindergarten

Seth has done well so far, so I assume this means I am excellent at preparing a child for school (hehe), so I feel that I should share my tips on how to properly prepare a child for kindergarten.


Tip #1: Teach your child to sit still in his chair and act appropriately. Tip #2: Teach your child good manners.
Tip #3: Teach your child to be cheerful.
Tip #4: Teach your child to experiment (ok, they probably won't need help with this!)
(He thinks with the added feather on his head he can now fly - after experimenting, he found he could not as Mommy said would be the case.)
Tip #5: Teach your child how to care for his hair.



Tip #6: Teach your child good hygiene.

Tip #7: Teach your child to dress appropriately in well fitting attire.
Well, there you have it. For more information on preparing your child for school, check back in two years to get tips on "Preparing a princess for life as one of the common kindergarteners" (ok, so I might be reading other blogs for tips on that!)

PS - Any tips on how to get the baby to stop crying everyday when we drop off 'the kindergartener'? :)

Comments

Libbi said…
I cannot help you there because Sarah Beth still cries and cries when the big kids leave for college and she says "I hate college and wish it was never invented and I am never ever going to dumb dumb college!"
LaNelle said…
You are so funny! I loved reading this post and looking at all the fun pictures! I'm glad that Seth is doing so well at school...but poor little Natalie!
That gave me a good laugh for the day! Thanks!
kim e said…
I love the shelf photo. Where was the princess?
Or where was the biggest princess, I forget there are 3 Bailey Princesses now.
Carolyn, for once, was following directions (we told them to leave the room while we moved stuff around).