Food Fight (no, Party)

So here's a fun idea, especially if you are about 18 months old and just learning to feed yourself.

Get your mom to let you feed yourself mashed potatoes. This should be fairly easy since she lets you feed yourself all the time and is tired of spoon feeding you for the past 18 months. She knows that she can just wipe up what doesn't make it to your mouth and eventually you will learn your new skill and she and your father can both eat without feeding someone.

Next, wait until she is not really paying attention (also fairly easy b/c being she will be watching you out of the "corner of her eye" - which is really not that great of a sight).

Now, If your high chair doesn't have a buckle, stand up. If it does, just push away from the table slightly so that you can see the floor better.

On to the fun part. Laughing loudly (which you'll be doing anyways b/c this is so fun), start putting your chubby little mischevious hands into the mashed potatoes. Then shake them around vigorously as you giggle and shout happy squeals.

(When your mother tells you to sit down and eat, ignore her...you'll be able to splatter paint the table and floor around you before she can actually stop you both and get the area cleaned, assuming you're a twin.)

The mashed potatoes make cool little circle splats all over the table and floor and highchair - give it a try!

(and since you're not even two yet, the worst she can do is say, "That's Bad!" and refuse to let you ever feed yourself mashed potatoes again...well, as long as you will be able to remember)

Warning: if you are between the ages of 2-3 or older, do not try this. It will result in spanking and/or corner time.

Comments

jacob said…
somebody else likes to throw potatoes all over the floor?! whew, i thougt i was the only one.
Orr Family said…
Thanks for the laugh! Sometimes that is all you can do! So which twin was this, or did they work together as a team? Next time takes pictures! I want to see how happy they are!! Hehehe!
LaNelle said…
ok I know I probably shouldn't, but I laughed so hard when I read this! I can remember watching my younger brothers and sister have food fights and just laugh rather than trying to stop them. I guess I never thought about how my mom must have felt haha
Amanda said…
This is so funny! I love your blog. . .the way you post is just very engaging. :) Sounds like fun times. . . for the kids at least. :)
Grandma Ard said…
Beth, I just loved the story. I could close my eyes and see hundreds of splats everywhere around your kitchen..the best part being after they put their hands in it, rubbing their heads with it making shampoo. Thanks for making me laugh even though it hurts to right now. I love you, Grandma
Jean said…
Beth...thank you for your very entertaining story! I laughed and laughed (sorry) but it was funny and I could just picture it! What fun experiences that you are writing about...one day you will look back on all of this and laugh and laugh (like we are doing now..hahaha!) I love you!
Anonymous said…
i think i did that when i was little i don't know but can find out
kim e said…
You keep bringing back all those memories of your brothers, I have. The twins adventures are so cute to me but I remember David's disasters didn't seem so cute.....At least Mashed Potatos are white!