First Day of School

Seth is so excited with his new (kung fu panda) bookbag and spiderman lunchbox (mommy was hoping for the plain colored bookbag and the cute ball shaped lunch box!) His classroom says "Welcome to our pond" by the door and has frogs with all the kids names on them. Hence the frog hanging from his neck - it has his name on the front and his teacher's name on the back so that the teachers directing kids from the car to the classroom will know where to send them. (Yes, I didn't realize I was allowed to walk him all the way in until I saw other parents doing it...I will know for Carolyn.) Seth didn't need it, though. He's so ready for this! (I didn't cry either.)
Natalie did however! She burst into tears when Seth got out the car and the strange man (with a school id hanging from his neck) "took" her brother! haha...she's going to be one I'll have to walk all the way to the classroom and peel her off my leg by the time I get there!
What did you do at school today?
Well, I fell asleep during rest time.
Did they wake you up? (Obviously, they did, I meant, did you pitch a fit!?)
Yes, well, I learned a trick. When I'm asleep I can hear them so that I can wake up the first time they say to.
(This means, either he was 'fake' sleeping, or they called him like 5 times before he regained consiousness!) They have 'rest time' or 'quiet time' everyday on beach towels (which is what they asked for - thank goodness - b/c they're all on clearance right now). And I did embroider his name on his. Maybe by the time the girls go, I'll have a cool machine that can do it for me! (Yeah, I'll probably do it with my free hand 'darning' foot again - try drawing with a sewing machine - it's harder than it looks!!)
What else did you do at school?
Well, we went to the artist room and met the artist teacher.
(Isn't that cute?) So thursday is art day.

Comments

LaNelle said…
What a huge step to being a big kid! I bet it is wierd having him gone! I think its so cool that you put his name on his towel. We had to take towels to school too when we were his age. I can remember that I had a perfect fluffy BIG pink one that my mom had shopped for forever and by the time Andrew and Patti went my mom was hurrying to find one out of the linen closet in time for them to get on the bus haha!
Oh and I love his outfit...he looks so grown up!
Seth is so cute on his first day of school! What a big moment for you and Rob. I hope he had a great time...many more years to go!
ELIZEM said…
looks like seth was super prepared for his first day of school and had a great time! poor natalie.....how dare they take her brother. anyway, cute pics! :)
Libbi said…
I'm so glad he had a great day!!