A Bad Hair Year - a good hair life
When Carolyn was about two (she was 22 months here), she had 'chicken hair' EVERY DAY - this was a normal hair day. Jared used to pick on her 'mullet' - and she looked a lot like that 1980's punk look - sticking up all over the top and long down the neck in the back. I used so much water (and sometimes bedhead spray) to get that mess to lay down as much as I could. It calmed down by the time she was 2 1/2, but my oh my, what wild hair she had!
Now, almost two years later, I wish I had known how it would turn out rather than wishing she had different hair, b/c just LOOK at what beautiful silky straight hair she has now! (and on top of that she has 'natural highlights' that change color slightly as the seasons change)

Daily maintanance now - spritz with water, comb out the tangles - done. In fact, some days it looks so good, I forget to comb it b/c it already looks combed! (She'll tell you, just wash it and comb it and go to sleep on it - wouldn't you love to have that low-maintanance kind of hair?)
Daily maintanance now - spritz with water, comb out the tangles - done. In fact, some days it looks so good, I forget to comb it b/c it already looks combed! (She'll tell you, just wash it and comb it and go to sleep on it - wouldn't you love to have that low-maintanance kind of hair?)
(Unfortunately her little sisters did not get that same hair, so I suspect theirs will be more like mine or maybe my mom's - a little frizzy sometimes and straight or little body in it, but not silky - Kate's hair curls, but I am afraid when she gets her first trim, the curls will never come back - so I may never trim it! haha)
Comments
As for Kaitlyn, a little curl and frizz makes really cute "updos" so one day when she gets enough hair she will love that you can just twist it up and it looks like you spent alot of time on it. ...And last my little red head will always be noticed for her hair color ( and her spunk!) and it will probably turn out super thick or have some great quality that the others did not get.
I remember with my sisters, I had the curls and friz, Libbi had the nice thick and Jean had the perfectly straight.
Post a Comment