Saturday is a Special day, it's the day we get ready for Sunday

I thought it would make our work more fun to take pictures of our Saturday chores!

1st haircut of the day: (Seth)...oh, I'll add one at the bottom of the 'after' look.

Seth told my mom on the phone that it was short. Then I hear him say, "What's a crew cut?" (Mom - always thinking I've chopped his hair to nothing!) It isn't a crew cut, but it's as short as I could get it without a razor...we're in SC and it's HOT! (and he likes it really short...just for the summer)

Rob cutting the front/back yard (I made him take another 'leaning' into it b/c he makes pushing that thing look so easy but the 'leaning into it' picture didn't look as candid).
2nd Haircut: Carolyn (she asked me a few weeks ago to cut hers, so I just trimmed it....eventually the front will be as long as the back! (I keep trimming the back more than I trim the front, but it can't seem to catch up)
Kaitlyn helps hold the pole Rob's about to saw shorter for the kids' closet (she's holding it in two more pictures, but she also hit Natalie in the head with it in one of those! so we left those out!)
Rob puts in the 2nd closet rod - yes, we did put in more clothes and clean up the floor.

Hooks that have been lying around waiting to be put up:



So, after the chores on my "honey do" list were done, Rob cuts up some cardboard tubes we had to get rid of, along with some leftover wood in the garage, and starts a project with seth...note the hair.
And after naptime, they finish it - a xylophone (it sounds just like banging on cardboard tubes), but they like it. :)
This is what Carolyn did most of the day:

She did have a slight fever. She had one on and off since Wednesday, but nothing else. (At first I thought she'd picked upa germ from the doctor's office...I hate well child check ups! someone always comes home with something!) She complained of "I think I'm going to frowed up" (throw up) all week, but nothing. I figured, she does like medicine - maybe she's thinking herself into being sick....I was wrong! She got better after sleeping most of the day Saturday - Seth threw up Sunday night all over the bathroom...guess she DID have something - she's just so stubborn she fought it off!
Naptime!


(I didn't put in pictures of all of my normal chores - laundry, straightening up over and over, kitchen clean up, etc. Oh, and Rob put up the carseat in the attic. And we moved a chair in the den...but that will go on the other blog.) anyways - So that was our Saturday.

Comments

kim e said…
Looks like a very productive day!
I see Rob got a fresh hair "bald".
Love the project- Seth looks so cute hammering.
Libbi said…
Love Seth's hair...Peter has a razor set and he always gives Connor a buzz (# 3 guard) in the summer and Connor loves it as well. Is there anything you cannot do???????
Yes there is something I cannot do - OUTSIDE! I don't garden/landscape or do any outdoor related activities and have zero interest! :) (I just hope the money I spent in making a little garden plot with two tomato plants in it produces at least 2 tomatoes (1 per plant!)
Orr Family said…
You can not do stuff outside because you are too busy inside with 4 little children! The twins are so cute! I love the chubby legs! Well one one of them at least! Natalie is just a runt and always will be! And one day Kaitlyn and Carolyn will be jealous of Little Natalie and her cute little body! I love seeing the children, and Hayden loves seeing Seth! Addison asks all the time to come over! He just does not understand a plane fight is too far away!
Joe and Tammy said…
at least one of us is motivated to get stuff done on saturdays. i tend to say something to the effect of "i worked all day everyday this week. time for a break before sunday." that's how i get ready for sunday. (most of the time) sometimes we do well :)
Jean said…
Once again after looking at your exhaustive Saturday chore list I am impressed as usual! You always amaze me with all you get done. By the way...the beach bag was perfect for the beach and it was well used! I loved it! Thank you again!