Mostly Carolyn

Carolyn's new cat. Bethany took the kids to build a bear while they were visiting in Duncan this past weekend for a last-thing-to-do-with-Bethany-before-college activity. Seth got a dinosaur and Carolyn got a cat (both expected!) Carolyn's cat is very much HER...this is it without clothes (carolyn says "in its pajamas").





Kaitlyn saw me taking pictures and put something on her head to get attention....she can be such a ham for the camera and crowds...I wish I had been able to film her at my cousin's graduation picnic on Saturday! In the kitchen, she would give Grandma a kiss, clap, and look around to make sure everyone else was clapping too (repeat about 10 times). Then, she buttered up some attention in the den, bringing tootsie rolls (one after another) to Daddy Tom for him to open, break in half, and let her eat (repeat about 20 times!)








Here is the cat 'dressed'...so like Carolyn


MORE MESSY FUN:
Carolyn has a fascination with powder. I usually hide it, but yesterday I let her play with it.
By this picture, I had her put a towel on the carpet to catch all the powder. She started powdering my legs and arms while I was looking up something on the computer. She said she needed to put powder on my stomach or it would get too hot (I said no), so she accepted my foot...note my leg is NOT that white without powder!


After Seth got up from quiet time, they retreated to the bathroom for more powder (and lotion I found out later)...I wish I had taken a picture of the bathroom before I cleaned it...YIKES! I couldn't get mad b/c I let them do it so they'd let me do my computer work.

(Picture Carolyn -- she was naked, but you don't have to picture that part -- on the counter, feet in the sink applying lotion on top of the powder while Seth powders his face and arms (and floor and counter and mirror...)!

Needless to say, they both went straight to the bathtub and I started on the bathroom cleanup. The babies woke up and wanted to get in, so I paused the clean up to let them in the bathtub with Carolyn. I got them out after a few minutes of play and shut the bathroom door. I diapered them (an impossible feat these days). A few minutes later, Kaitlyn had found her way into MY bathroom where Seth was bathing, and jumped into HIS bath, yes with the diaper on. She SCREAMED when I took her out...again.

WIGGLES AND SCREAMS:

The babies are nearly impossible to diaper lately (they wiggle so hard it's impossible to keep them down long enough to get it on straight). And when Kaitlyn doesn't get what she wants, she SCREAMS like you wouldn't believe! (It scares poor Natalie to tears!) This happens about 10 times each day at least (every toy fight and fight over my lap)...jealousy is a big problem right now between the twins.

Good news - Carolyn has started going to the potty on her own regularly! Yea!

Comments

ELIZEM said…
Yea for Carolyn and the potty...I'm so proud of her! I love her beautiful kitty....I want to see Seth's dinasour as well! Kaitlyn is an adorable little ham! The powdering reminded me of Emily when she was 2...she was over at Grandma's house and she took Grandma's VERY EXPENSIVE Beautiful powder and used the puff to powder the floor and bed in Grandma's room. It smelled great in there for weeks...hahaha! I have cleaned up more powder...girls love it! Your life is TOO busy for me these days..hahaha! I love you, Jean
Jean said…
Okay...I thought I had left a comment yesterday but apparently it did not take so here it is again...first off Carolyn, your cat is adorable just like you and I love her outfit! I want to also see a picture of Seth's dinasour...Kaitlyn is adorable and should have her picture taken a lot because she has a cute smile. The powder reminds me of when Emily was around Carolyn's age and she decided to take Grandma's VERY EXPENSIVE perfumed powder and puff and use it all over Grandma's bed and Gramp's clothes! Even after Grandma vacuumed it all up, the room smelled great for weeks and everytime you vacummed it smelled like Beautiful perfume...hahaha! Enjoy all these great moments!!!!
kim e said…
I guess the powder and lotion could have been a Grammy inspired activity. I love baby fresh smell!