15 month checkup (yes, at 16 1/2 months)
We're a little behind with the dr. visits since I called only about 2 weeks before they turned 15 months old to schedule an appointment. This time I scheduled immediately after this appointment for 18 months, and it will still be a few weeks later than I wanted...hope someone can come with me next time (hint hint - August 13th...anybody want to volunteer?) I should have asked someone this time. They were really good, but it's hard to carry out two babies with sore legs.
Did you know that now the kids get a shot (or more) at every appointment until they are 6?! Seth didn't get one after 18 months I think, until he was 4. Now, they get one at 2 and one of the 4 year old shots has been changed to when they are three, and now the chicken pox vaccine is popular enough to be standard, so that's at 5 now. Yikes! So many tears. I hate watching them get them and having to hold their hands down. :( At least they got one fewer today. There's a national shortage of the Hib vaccine (not even enough for some little babies), so they couldn't get that one today (the doctor said 3 of 4 should be plenty...so why do they usually do 4?? Why not always stop at 3?) OK, enough of that...here's the interesting part:
(drum roll please...) we'll start with the little one:
Natalie
height 30 1/4" (that 26th percentile)
weight 18 lbs 3.5 oz (that's 3rd percentile), so I technically should turn her carseat back around backwards, but she doesn't fight me anymore and she actually likes her carseat, and she's almost a flipping year and a half!...so I'm not.
head 18 " (45th percentile...at least something's almost average on her!)
Kaitlyn
height 32 1/8" (90th percentile)
weight 24 lbs 5 oz (70th percentile)
Those are the percentile's Carolyn's usually in for height/weight.
head 18 1/2" (75'th percentile)
So I've got one above average, well above average! and one that is barely on the chart...NO WONDER people ask me how far apart in age they are (which I still think is a little stupid since they do ACT the same age even if they don't look it).
Anyways...they're doing all the stuff they're supposed to. They're behind where Seth and Carolyn were with speech at their age, but with everything else they're about the same (but being able to communicate does not decrease the number of tantrums...refer to previous posts about Carolyn!)
They always give me this sheet with things I should know about the age...I read then toss...they do all the stuff on it, and I do the stuff I feel like doing on it. One suggestion is to let child choose clothing to be worn (giving a choice of two outfits for example)...YEAH RIGHT! As if I don't have enough of a battle getting Carolyn to wear something that remotely matches and getting Seth to wear something that doesn't look like pajamas! They'll get a choice when they're like 3!
That reminds me of something funny. I only dress them alike about 60-70% of the time, so one day last summer I went out with them in similar outfits, but one was a dress and one was a pant set. Someone asked me, "Does one prefer dresses and one pants?" (Yeah, lady, my 6 month old asks every morning for pants!) haha
OK, babies need naps and Carolyn needs a good spanking, so I must go (no, I probably won't really spank her. I'll just toss her in my room; she could have finished her time out like twice by now and is still screaming trying to climb into my lap. Seth finished his and is back watching his movie...he's smart...she's stubborn...I'm frustrated...what's new?)
Did you know that now the kids get a shot (or more) at every appointment until they are 6?! Seth didn't get one after 18 months I think, until he was 4. Now, they get one at 2 and one of the 4 year old shots has been changed to when they are three, and now the chicken pox vaccine is popular enough to be standard, so that's at 5 now. Yikes! So many tears. I hate watching them get them and having to hold their hands down. :( At least they got one fewer today. There's a national shortage of the Hib vaccine (not even enough for some little babies), so they couldn't get that one today (the doctor said 3 of 4 should be plenty...so why do they usually do 4?? Why not always stop at 3?) OK, enough of that...here's the interesting part:
(drum roll please...) we'll start with the little one:
Natalie
height 30 1/4" (that 26th percentile)
weight 18 lbs 3.5 oz (that's 3rd percentile), so I technically should turn her carseat back around backwards, but she doesn't fight me anymore and she actually likes her carseat, and she's almost a flipping year and a half!...so I'm not.
head 18 " (45th percentile...at least something's almost average on her!)
Kaitlyn
height 32 1/8" (90th percentile)
weight 24 lbs 5 oz (70th percentile)
Those are the percentile's Carolyn's usually in for height/weight.
head 18 1/2" (75'th percentile)
So I've got one above average, well above average! and one that is barely on the chart...NO WONDER people ask me how far apart in age they are (which I still think is a little stupid since they do ACT the same age even if they don't look it).
Anyways...they're doing all the stuff they're supposed to. They're behind where Seth and Carolyn were with speech at their age, but with everything else they're about the same (but being able to communicate does not decrease the number of tantrums...refer to previous posts about Carolyn!)
They always give me this sheet with things I should know about the age...I read then toss...they do all the stuff on it, and I do the stuff I feel like doing on it. One suggestion is to let child choose clothing to be worn (giving a choice of two outfits for example)...YEAH RIGHT! As if I don't have enough of a battle getting Carolyn to wear something that remotely matches and getting Seth to wear something that doesn't look like pajamas! They'll get a choice when they're like 3!
That reminds me of something funny. I only dress them alike about 60-70% of the time, so one day last summer I went out with them in similar outfits, but one was a dress and one was a pant set. Someone asked me, "Does one prefer dresses and one pants?" (Yeah, lady, my 6 month old asks every morning for pants!) haha
OK, babies need naps and Carolyn needs a good spanking, so I must go (no, I probably won't really spank her. I'll just toss her in my room; she could have finished her time out like twice by now and is still screaming trying to climb into my lap. Seth finished his and is back watching his movie...he's smart...she's stubborn...I'm frustrated...what's new?)
Comments
Post a Comment