Park and Potty, among other things

Kaitlyn likes to squish Natalie (they both can tackle and squish each other). They think it's funny. OK, Not funny anymore; get off, Natalie says!

Kaitlyn's favorite position lately (we have to restrain Carolyn from 'helping' her 'finish the somersault', which is what the big kids think she's doing).
Carolyn wraps up her babies and kitties in her silky and then tells the rest of us to be quiet b/c one of them is napping. (She put one in Natalie's crib the other day and then got mad at me when I left it in there during Natalie's nap. Because, she said, it was time for the doll's ballet class and she didn't want to take a nap anymore; she was done and she was crying - the doll that is!)
Poor Natalie - Carolyn jerked the stroller away to "show" Natalie how to properly strap in a baby. Natalie just took it and stood there and watched her! (Normally she screams and they yank the thing back and forth and I have to break it up before someone gets broken!) I will be buying two more of that exact same style stroller later!
Kaitlyn and Natalie are SO cute at the park now, but it is so hard to lift one after the other up to the top of the smallest slide, so last week, I taught them to use the stairs:
And Kaitlyn's turn (Natalie did finish again after I turned the camera off). By the way, Kaitlyn's landing was the same everytime...perhaps that's why Natalie chose to go down the way she did:
And welcome to Potty Training Hell, Day 1-2:
Method: She has to wear panties during the day and only gets pullups at night.
As of blogging this, she hasn't peed in 24 hours!
Last time we tried this method of panties only we got the same results - about 18 hours between urinations, and the doctor agreed let's avoid the possible bladder infection and give her the pullups, but now that I've seen her use the potty for 4 days straight (February), I know she can do it, so I'm not giving her the pullups. Publix has free antibiotics with a Rx - we can fix a bladder infection if she gets one....after she potty trains!
The video is of yesterday around 1pm when she pooped in her panties (not pullup, although she calls it that in the video) and I refused to clean it for her like I usually do. What a mess! I won't even begin to describe what a pain in the butt it was for me to clean.
Don't worry - the video is of her tantrum, not the cleaning which took place afterwards! :)
(She was much milder when I went to get the camera, so this is not the full extent of the tantrum; before I came in with the camera she was screaming and kicking non-stop.)
OTHER THINGS:
Natalie likes to say "uh-ohhhhhhh" (with a little round mouth holding out the ohhh; it's really cute. I wish I could get a video of it).
Natalie can copy lots of things. Recently she has said:
Jacob, cup, gentle (sounds like 'shah-shah' as she rubs your face), cracker, ball, baby, maca (at the macaroni), pahper (diaper), cheese, and of course, MORE
Kaitlyn doesn't say much other than babbling, but when she does try to copy, her words are a little clearer, but she doesn't try as much as Natalie tries. (Ex. "di-di" for diaper, at least she gets the first syllable, so I can tell what she's saying.)
Mostly I understand the few words they can say b/c the point to what they want or do something related to the word while they're saying it.
They are learning to follow directions (sit, go, no, etc). Kaitlyn has learned words for eating. When I said, "who's ready for breakfast?" the other morning after changing their diapers, Kaitlyn got up and stumble-ran to the kitchen and stood by her highchair! The other night, Rob pointed at Natalie and said "Sit" while the twins were in the tub. Natalie pointed back at Rob and said, "Sit"! :) (fiesty little thing)
They have learned to push the pathetic child gate and get into the kitchen (I was using it to keep them, especially Kate, away from the table). Great...
They are also learning to walk in tennis shoes. Natalie is wearing Carolyn's old keds (so cute!). They're a little big, but Kaitlyn's chub on her foot made them a little tight. Kaitlyn has some I bought last year from WM on clearance...(and now I know why they were on clearance). Anyways
cute cute cute
Seth has been interested lately in wanting to plant a garden (which I am going to attempt this year), playing the game cube, and writing letters (individual letters, not "Dear so-and-so" kind of letters). He's getting better and he enjoys it. Well, except when he has to trace, "I will not hit." 9 times everytime he hits Carolyn. The hitting has gone down some too!

Comments

So Beth... I just want to tell you I know what you are going through with the pooping! Marissa has gotten better, but we have been dealing with it for a while! She actually pooped in her panties yesterday! I always like you blogs and hearing about how we are almost always going through the same things!:)
kim e said…
I loved 2 of the 3 videos. Bet you can guess which one I did not enjoy! (I did not think that one was really necessary.)
Love MOM
I am going to post a happy potty video...when such a moment occurs. (See, you didn't enjoy the video just like I'm not enjoying the week.) Off to go take her pull up away and start the day off on the wrong foot!
Libbi said…
I love your response to grammy and I laughed my head off at the video because we've all been there! Stick to your guns, she'll come around..Patti was well over 3...heck, I warmed up bottles of milk for Patti until she was over 3 and grandma just fussed at me until I stopped...she probably still likes warm milk! And if I had not told you, you'd never know so it really doesn't matter except to you. I adore your blogs...you are REAL!!!!!
Jean said…
Okay, Beth, I loved the video of Carolyn crying unlike your mom, and I LOVED your response to Kim as well. Keep up the good and HARD work...I am so glad that I don't have to do that anymore...I feel for you! I love you, Jean
Jean said…
I had to send another comment about Kaitlyn's new position. I loved her upside down picture and think it is adorable...also thought Natalie was pretty smart to go down the slide backwards. She only had to fall flat once to figure that one out and you know, the little ones are always the fiestiest (is that a word?) Love, Jean