She's walking! (and her mother can't work the camera)
So, she just started walking tonight. I was retelling a story from the scriptures (for FHE) when all of a sudden Kaitlyn stands up from her favorite brown chair (which is the same way Carolyn learned to walk), and starts taking steps out of nowhere! I had hardly even worked with her trying to get her to walk because she wouldn't let go of my hands when I stood her.
Natalie on the other hand who will let go can only take one shaky step or two. Seth likes to walk Natalie around.
Kaitlyn does not like the help (independent little baby). She prefers to pick up her food rather than be fed it also. I guess she wasn't going to take steps until she could do it herself! I wonder how long before she's really walking? I wonder how long before Natalie joins her? (They are not consistently ahead or behind each other in anything. One will be first in this thing and another will be first in that. It's so interesting to see them progress and have different strengths - and personalities.)
Kaitlyn has this weird little behavior in the bathtub...she likes to put her face in the water. I do not like this! She usually comes up fine in less than a second so I don't have to pull her up, but sometimes she comes up and gives that little cough like she got water up her noise (big surprise). Has anyone else's kid ever done this? I have to watch her so closely. My others have all been afraid of water being all in their face, so I only had to watch for accidents - I have to watch her for bathtub snorkling! (minus the snorkle)
To avoid being 'unfair', I will include a picture of Natalie eating her first PB&J. They both loved it. Saturday when I gave them PB&J and mixed vegetables (to pick up), Natalie kept throwing the vegetables off her tray once she got the cut up sandwich. Kaitlyn wanted the vegetables!
And maybe a birthday picture of each of the twins.
And a picture of Seth and Carolyn in their new king and princess crowns. Carolyn's others have all broken (not by her), and Seth wanted one. So, as I have been planning on doing for months, I pulled out the shiny fabric and we spent most of Friday making crowns. They picked out the jewels from my craft (junk) basket and I had to use the hot glue. The sticks are not magic wands, but sceptors. We are going to buy some styrofoam balls later to cover with the same fabric and glue on...we'll upload a picture of that. I suppose I will be making two more crowns later this year...?
Comments
Post a Comment