End of February
Seth update:
He still thinks it's already spring and wants to wear shorts everyday (please, spring, come!)
He is still fascinated by dinosaurs. We went through a thick book today talking about them (he even quoted some lines from an "eyewitness" video from the library that he's checked out probably 2 dozen times).
His favorite game is sequence (the kid version, which he calls 'the animal game'). I actually really like it too.
(notice Carolyn trying to interrupt him the whole time as he continues with his song and ignores her. My brother Jared and his wife Kristen are the ones I span to in the arm chair. Jared was quite ammused by Seth's crazy little song he made up as he went.)
Carolyn update:
She got her second hair cut - just a trim really.
Back to not potty trained. She doesn't feel like it this week.
What Carolyn has to say about Time Out, which she finds herself in often:
"It's not fair." (actually, I give more chances than I should)
"It's not comfortable!" (She tries to sneak pillows to the time out stool. I'm actually pretty lenient. Rob makes them stand in time out.)
Her favorite game is Hi Ho Cherry-O or matching (she doesn't follow rules well).
Some other favorite phrases:
"You are wrong and I am right."
We were spelling names and showing what they looked like yesterday and she told me, "I dropped off my Louise Bailey." (Yes, you can drop louise when you get married.) "I already dropped it off at church yesterday." (No concept of time either - that was Tuesday.) She says this often about 'dropping off' her middle name, which she hates. Nuts, I was hoping she'd like it. It's a family name.

Kaitlyn update:
She is walking everywhere. Walking more than crawling, but very unsteady. She's only fallen to the point of blood once so far, but there have been many bumps and bruises already. She is very jealous of sharing my lap with anyone - especially Natalie.

Natalie update:
She loves to point to parts of my face and have me name them (esp. my nose and teeth). She drools like a leaky faucet.

They both can sign "more" and say something close to it ("Moh") while signing it. They can also sign "all done" (can't say anything close to that). I'm not really sure the real way to sign that, so we just went off of what Natalie does when she's done - clearing her tray to the floor by flapping her arms open and closed (like an umpire saying 'SAFE'). I think that might be the 'real' way anyways? It works! They love phones. Did you know (at least on my phone) that you can call 911 even when it's locked? Kaitlyn did. Oops!
He still thinks it's already spring and wants to wear shorts everyday (please, spring, come!)
He is still fascinated by dinosaurs. We went through a thick book today talking about them (he even quoted some lines from an "eyewitness" video from the library that he's checked out probably 2 dozen times).
His favorite game is sequence (the kid version, which he calls 'the animal game'). I actually really like it too.
(notice Carolyn trying to interrupt him the whole time as he continues with his song and ignores her. My brother Jared and his wife Kristen are the ones I span to in the arm chair. Jared was quite ammused by Seth's crazy little song he made up as he went.)
Carolyn update:
She got her second hair cut - just a trim really.
Back to not potty trained. She doesn't feel like it this week.
What Carolyn has to say about Time Out, which she finds herself in often:
"It's not fair." (actually, I give more chances than I should)
"It's not comfortable!" (She tries to sneak pillows to the time out stool. I'm actually pretty lenient. Rob makes them stand in time out.)
Her favorite game is Hi Ho Cherry-O or matching (she doesn't follow rules well).
Some other favorite phrases:
"You are wrong and I am right."
We were spelling names and showing what they looked like yesterday and she told me, "I dropped off my Louise Bailey." (Yes, you can drop louise when you get married.) "I already dropped it off at church yesterday." (No concept of time either - that was Tuesday.) She says this often about 'dropping off' her middle name, which she hates. Nuts, I was hoping she'd like it. It's a family name.
Kaitlyn update:
She is walking everywhere. Walking more than crawling, but very unsteady. She's only fallen to the point of blood once so far, but there have been many bumps and bruises already. She is very jealous of sharing my lap with anyone - especially Natalie.
Natalie update:
She loves to point to parts of my face and have me name them (esp. my nose and teeth). She drools like a leaky faucet.
They both can sign "more" and say something close to it ("Moh") while signing it. They can also sign "all done" (can't say anything close to that). I'm not really sure the real way to sign that, so we just went off of what Natalie does when she's done - clearing her tray to the floor by flapping her arms open and closed (like an umpire saying 'SAFE'). I think that might be the 'real' way anyways? It works! They love phones. Did you know (at least on my phone) that you can call 911 even when it's locked? Kaitlyn did. Oops!
Comments
(I think the 911 is built into the phone; it says something like SOS when she pushes something – I haven’t figured out what yet? – when it’s locked). Maybe I should read that little book that comes with it – in my spare time. :) At least I didn’t get in trouble for it.
I never did signs with my other two b/c they spoke so well and right on time. But I heard twins can be late sometimes b/c they have their own language between each other, so I have done a few and they looked at me the same way for a while. They just grinned like ‘what are you doing mom?’
Post a Comment