A Long Holiday Blog

Christmas:
Rob's family came to us (which was nice b/c we decided we would not haul three packs of diapers, two babies worth of bottles/formula, etc, and all the presents). The normal stuff we've learned to handle, but not with LOTS of presents! (And the kids got riding things this year, so it wouldn't have fit had we wanted it to.) Christmas Eve we opened presents from each other and after the kids went to bed, we watched the play of "The Forgotten Carols". It was really good (play on DVD I mean).
Christmas Day, "Santa" had a bike with training wheels for each big kid and ride ons (that were actually from Saba and Nonny) for each baby. The babies mostly played around the ride ons, but we have showed them how to push behind them this week and they were so cute giggling and happily squealing behind them (walking behind them!). At lunch, things took a turn for the worse when Seth lost his breakfast in front of his lunch! (The afternoon was pretty much downhill from there.) He was stable, but on Thursday Kaitlyn joined the puking. We were good, and left Friday for my mom's.

Our Date:
Friday night we went to a hotel/condo (whatever you call those at the beach) for an overnight date with just me and Rob. We have only had like 2 dates at all since the twins have been born, and no nights without kids. Mom and Dad kept them all. Kaitlyn refused to go to sleep without her bottle (which bottle we all decided was a bad idea, but I guess the night got long, and they gave in to the little chubster). Later that night, she woke up, joined them in bed, and gave them back the bottle! (And so begins the germs at Grammy's!)

Almost New Years:
Ok, so that was just a relapse, right. She shouldn't have had the bottle, but what were they to do? She's really demanding when it comes to food, especially her bottle and bedtime! We all went to church, enjoyed the afternoon and evening, and stayed up talking Sunday night.

And then...
Twas the night before New Year's Eve, when all through the house, most the stomachs were churning, and up through the mouth....(ok, or out the other end)

Middle of the night Sunday night, the 'party' began. My brother woke up puking around 2 AM. Mom was already in the bathroom having germs flow from her when David came to report his illness. I woke up with stomach pains to find Dad scouring the hall bathroom (which was covered in puke). The next morning, I joined the 'party'. I wasn't going to mention it, but Dad smelled the bathroom as I exited, and the severe stomach cramps I had the rest of the day left me balled up most of the time I was awake. (I'd have rather been in labor...at least I could have asked for an epidural for the cramps!) When we got Natalie from her crib that morning, we found that she also had gotten sick during the night as her playpen had vomit all in in (and under the mattress...how'd she do that?)

Dad and Rob went out for seafood as planned. (Poor David missed it. The rest of us don't eat that anyways.) Seth went with them as the sickness was well passed for him. He asked first if they had swordfish! (Expensive taste!) He also asked for seahorse. (Is that even edible?) Then, he asked for some kind of crab. He had shrimp.

Later Monday afternoon, Carolyn joined the puking. (She is the only one that has had lingering sickness really.) Natalie has puked once more, but Carolyn was sick most of the day yesterday and today. She prayed to stop puking tonight, so maybe she'll get that prayer answered tomorrow. I hope so! Rob has taken time off this week to help me (I don't do puke well...it's the only bodily mess that I really can't deal with...well, I can, but then I start gagging too.)

New Year's Eve:
So, we pretty much just went to bed New Year's eve. Rob kept the TV on (he and Dad never did get sick). Rob saw the ball fall. Dad complained the next day about 'having to go to bed early' when he wasn't tired. (Should have stayed up with Rob.) I tossed and turned a little, but fell asleep before the ball fell. My brother called us quarter after midnight to say Happy New Year, so I woke up then! I was in and out until then anyways, and my stomach finally quit hurting about that time, so I didn't care that he woke us up, but my sick brother down the hall was very annoyed. I laugh as I think about him 'hollerin' down the hall' "SOMEBODY ANSWER THE PHONE!". He was so annoyed! Rob hollered back, "WHY DON'T YOU?!" (it was his house and his phone!). Well, happy eating!

NOTE: the next posting is an email sent out to some family reporting on Monday the condition of the family, in Rob's own words. It's touching...hehe

Comments